Privacy.

"We live, in fact, in a world starved for solitude, silence, and private: and therefore starved for meditation and true friendship."

― C.S. Lewis 

* * * * *

* * * * *

~ Mandodari ~

Privacy.

Privacy is the ability of someone to seclude themselves or information about themselves, and express themselves selectively. When something is private to a person, it usually means that something is inherently special or sensitive to them. 

Invasion of Privacy. Big word, I know. It is the intrusion into the personal life of another, without just cause, which can give the person whose privacy has been invaded a right to bring a lawsuit for damages against the person or entity that intruded.

Forget about law. It is ethically an improper thing to do. How would you feel when someone sees your most personal information without your knowledge. If it was me, I would most definitely file a lawsuit. 

Hell, most of us don't even like showing a few of our embarrassing childhood photos to our friends. 

Does hacking into someone's phone without their permission and accessing their information count as invasion of privacy? Hell, yes. Is it wrong? Most definitely, yes. 

I know you people are probably wondering where I am going with all this. So here is the back story.

~ ~ ~

Finding Reena's house locked, for a moment I definitely felt like she was on the run. It certainly did increase my suspicion on her. I had to force myself to stop making conclusions. Then I did the only thing I could think of.

I called her number, only to hear a 'The number you have called is currently switched off. Please try again later'. We decoded to ask around about her possible whereabouts in the neighbourhood. 

Inquiring her neighbour, of course after lying to them that we were Reena's dad's paternal uncle's maternal aunt's half - sister's husband's brother's son's wife's brother's daughter and son-in-law, and that we have come for a surprise visit, we did come to know a lot of things.

First point being, Reena's mom passed away a few years ago in a car accident. Reena lives here with her dad.

Second, her dad is a very busy man. Is almost always on business trips and barely spends time at home with his daughter. 

And lastly, Reena was seen going out somewhere yesterday morning and she hadn't come back yet. Also it wasn't unusual for her to get away like this. It happens a lot, but she always comes back. 

The last point was our major concern. Where was Reena?

The next plan was to go to Dhruv's residence. Apparently, he lives in a room shared by two others in a downtown area of the city. Reaching there, I almost half expected the place to be locked too. But to my pleasant surprise it was not. Dhruv's roommates were inside the flat.