Meeting the family.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

– Maya Angelou

* * * * *

* * * * *

~ Mandodari ~

I was not ready for this. I mean, I know that I decided to give whatever that is between Arya and me a chance, but that doesn't mean I was ready to meet his family. I mean, of course I met him a few times in the hospital and we spoke to each other over phone a couple of times over the week, that doesn't mean our relationship has solidified enough to meet our families. Hell, that man doesn't even know about my family. Of course, there is a very little chance that Arya did it knowingly but I have a huge hunch that Arya knew all this beforehand.

Today was Sunday and I am currently at Mrs. Shanthi Prasad's house, who had called me a number of times the past week along with her husband Mr. Prasad, to make sure I am coming to lunch today. And when I came I was greeted with the couple accompanied by their close friends, Mr. and Mrs. Pratap and their son, Mr. Arya Pratap who was smiling cheekily at me and winked. Mr. and Mrs. Pratap make a beautiful couple, but they have an overbearing presence that can make one feel timid. That's quite a unique temperament!

I was very nervous looking at Mr. and Mrs. Pratap. They were domineering and intimidating people. Mr. Pratap nodded his head at me in greeting while Mrs. Pratap smiled at me. Then, like a knight in shining armor Arya came to my rescue and greeted me. He conveyed gratitude for saving his beloved aunt. 

Seems like I spoke very early, because instead of stopping at that, the jerkface told about me helping Raunak and Trijay too and that he liked me. I mean seriously, who does that? Hearing him say that he likes me, his parents turned to me with a scrutinizing gaze. Mrs. Shanthi and Mr. Prasad, or Aunty and Uncle as I call them were shocked, but it looked like they were delighted with the happenings. Aunty started gushing over me. All the while this was happening, I was shocked and frozen. 

After a long five minutes, Mrs. Pratap smiled at me and embraced me in a hug saying, "Welcome to the family, sweetheart" and Mr. Pratap smiled at me fondly. Shanthi Aunty started praising Arya for making a very good choice for once seeing as his ex-girlfriends were no good - as she said it. And without giving me even a minute to collect myself, that man dragged me into the house after the others. Reaching the dining room, everyone was already seated. Taking a seat next to Shanthi Aunty who seemed to be the only one I am not intimidated by at the moment, I looked up to notice Arya sitting opposite to me. 

As soon as the lunch was served, everyone started investigating my life story. Questions ranging from what is your name to what do you do to what are my favourite dishes to when do I think we should plan the wedding. At one point they even asked about my family. Not wanting to lie to their face, I told them that I don't have a family, though I did clarify that they are not dead. But that they disowned me when I didn't comply to marry a pedophile who was 20 years elder to me. I did not want to hide or lie to them. If Arya is really serious about me, they have to know it sooner or later. I really do appreciate that they did not probe anymore.