Karaoke

RUCAS IS RISING!

I am thinking of making a potential upload schedule to once a week but no promises. Most likely I won't stick to it but I will try. 

_hello_hi

A lot had happened during my unexpected vacation. Joe and Lacey had mutually broken up, Rhea and Lucas had found a stray kitten, now called Earl, she was an utterly heart-melting inquisitive cutie who loved her new toys and affection.

School had given me two months to recuperate before I had to return as long as I did work at home. It was pretty easy to get used to my wheelchair but I took me longer to get used to my weird sleeping pattern with two leg casts, an arm cast and a brace on my chest for my spine and ribs. I was almost suffocated every night by the mountain of pillows surrounding me and the constant itchy sensation was unbearable.

After all the time almost completely in my room, due to the effort and pain of moving around, I thought I was going insane. Who would have thought spending so much inside would be so boring? (2020 who? [too soon?]) I had binged so many shows that they kind of merge into one at this point. Colton had promised me that he would take me out as soon as I was feeling better which was almost a week ago but he didn't want to risk it.

He had been there when I got my casts removed, my limbs finally free from the constricting braces. I still had my chest brace which was annoying but it did give me an excuse to steal Colton's hoodies. It was weird to see my arm its normal colour after being in a purple contraption for so long. One of the most relieving things was to be able to shower again about not worrying about my cast getting wet. After the casts were removed I had to become independent again after my family waiting on me to help, it was fun to walk around again even if it was at a slower pace. I still had crutches for a bit longer but at least I was out of my wheelchair, it was a nightmare to get in and out of the car all the time, stairs were even worse.

•   •   •    •   •   • 

"Hey, Brad and everyone wants to go out tonight."

"Oh thank God, I need to get out." I sighed heavily, tipping my head back to look up at my ceiling.

A rich laughter filled the air as he accused me of getting bored of him. 

"Never." I reach for the nearest pillow and throw it at him, hitting him square in the face.

He stood up at his full height, his face holding a mock furious expression as he bent down and picked the white pillow up from the floor. "It's on."

After I quickly surrendered to him, we stopped both of us heaving on the bed on our backs. He had obviously gone easy on me. Our family pillow fights are known to have casualties and both have gained multiple injurious throughout the years over the vicious game. Marie had even banned it after Elle was born because she was worried about her which was understandable considering my dad had to get stitches once. I didn't think it was possible to need stitches from a pillow fight but somehow it happened.

•    •    •   •   •   • 

Rick and Lucas were already there and had already eaten by the time the others had persuaded me to join, instead they both had a milkshake and fries to share. They sat next to each other, their shoulders touching and their hands close, often brushing against each others. They often stared at each other in a secretive way, Rick tearing his gaze away quickly almost every time. He often looked around afterwards as if to check if anyone had noticed. He knew I had seen them and the distraught, terrified expression was heartbreaking, he snapped his head down as fast as a snake striking. From what I could tell, Lucas tried to take his hand under the table comfortingly but the other man flinched and jerked away. This caused the others to notice. They gave him questioning glances and Freddie joked about something stupid as Rick struggled to explain.

"Sorry, didn't mean to kick you." I lied giving him a reassuring smile as I laid my head on Colton's  shoulder.

He gave a small one back as Lucas mouthed a silent thank you. I nodded slyly as I slipped my hand into Colton's who squeezed my hand back lightly. 

The rest of the night was relaxing, all of us just hanging out and having fun with each other. We chatted for ages, everyone keeping me up to date with all the school gossip I had missed whilst I was off. Freddie being his goofy self did impressions of the people, my favourite was the impression of Brooke complete with over the top gestures and perfect attitude. It even sounded like her as well. We were all howling with laughter as her mimicked the red head, my chest hurt from it all as we all struggled to breathe as it continued.

"And I was like, bitch, don't take my lipgloss!" His voice was high pitched, almost as if he had inhaled helium with her accent perfectly matched.

"I didn't touch your lipgloss!" Brad continued the charade with an ear splitting fake high voice. 

"Like, yes you did, you sket. Like, I saw you." Freddie continued.

He had his left arm bent as if carrying a handbag and was fiddling his imaginary long hair with his other hand as he spoke. He clicked his fingers in a Z formation and did a dramatic hair flip making us all cheer. A few other tables were staring as we laughed, a few younger people close to our age laughed as well as they heard his expression, even the waiter cracked a smile as he came up with our desserts.

After the restaurant, Brad drove us to a different location. I wasn't sure of driving but I felt better with someone else in control and Sam's arm around my shoulders. In the basement of the seemingly abandoned house; I still don't know how he knew about the place, was a pair of worn sofas, LED lights and a karaoke machine attached to the TV in front of the leather seating.

I sat down tiredly, not used to walking down stairs after so long with Josh at my side as Chloe and Sam took the microphones. Freddie choosing the song. LMFAO Ft. Lil John - Shots. Not the best song to karaoke to but hilarious regardless. Joe passing round a Vodka bottle as the song blared, each of us skying the drink as it was passed to us.

Next was Colton and Joe with Barbie Girl by Aqua. You are lying if you say that the song isn't brilliant. The singing was absolutely terrible but the fake high notes and horrendous dancing was absolutely brilliant.

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world! Life in plastic, it's fantastic! You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere." Joe danced around, ripping his shirt off and flinging it onto Brad's head, all of us howling with laughter and wolf whistling him as he attempted to twerk.

After almost three hours of mucking around, singing songs like Run The World and Single Ladies by Beyonce; where I kept my arms down and flashed the engagemen, Reach by S Club 7, Sexy and I know it by LMFAO, Skater Boi by Avril Lavigne and Grenade by Bruno Mars, it was time to leave. As we left I found myself next to Rick. 

"You look cute together." I whispered as I hugged him.

He pulled away and if my touch burnt him, he had a deep blush on his cheeks but fear was clearly showing in his eyes as he denied his feelings. 

"I'm not–"

"You can come to me about it at any time yeah. It shouldn't be something you have to hide." I whispered.

He wrapped his arms around me again, his head dipping into my shoulder. I rubbed his back up and down calmingly as his body shuddered against my own. I thought he might start to cry as he thanked me repeatedly in a heartbreaking thankful tone. 

As Colton came up with his car I gave him a short smile after he gave me a questioning look at our position. He nodded in understanding and kept silent until Lucas bought his car round with Sam already in the passenger seat. 

Rick let me go quickly and slipped into the back seat with a sincere nod of thanks as the car drove off. Colton and I got into his car and he drove to his house where we were staying that night. I didn't want to wake Elle up on a school night and my dad was drowning with work recently so it was easier if I stayed the night at his house.