Affair?

Hey guys,
Hope you are all well.

I am so sorry this has taken years to update.

2234 words because I got a bit carried away.

_hello_hi

• • • • •

Anna's POV:
Over the last couple of days I have been thinking over everything that Colton told me about the party. I did see the football team crowd around me after I saw Colton and Brooke dancing and I'm pretty sure I remember a hand attempt to grab me before I ran off. I know that Colton would never lie about something like that to me, especially considering my past with my mother but it's sickening to imagine. My imagination has been going wild and I've barely been sleeping. How could I?

I've been spending my nights either going over school work I haven't been doing because I keep dissociating in class or in the gym working out with a punch bag. My head constantly doing through every scenario possible of what could have happened that night and every time Colton manages to save my life.

I've been trying to put it all to the back of my mind but it is so hard, with all the stress of school, the gang and now Colton's parol being reviewed currently, all I want to do is to jump into his arms and stay there until everything goes away. Training for fights at the Crypt has been really helping but the actual fights have been challenging, either I can't concentrate and get the hell beaten out of me or I struggle to stop, I've been ripped away from hitting my unconscious opponent the last couple of fights and I'm scared I'll kill someone.

• • • • • •

"Alex, you okay?" he called.

I snap my head towards him. He stood next to me with his left hand resting on the seat beside me, his knuckles torn and bruised, the skin bleeding purple with yellow blotches from the ripped injury, there was scratches of dried blood and craters of raw skin where it had been torn off viciously. His other hand was covered by his navy long sleeves and his school equipment, but I knew it was likely to be worse than the one on the chair. His hair was slightly messier than usual but nothing else to indicate anything worrying. Despite his battered appearance, his stance was apprehensive and quiet like a species of prey. He was tentative and concerned. I then noticed that people had moved around from their usual seats and two other people were now sitting opposite me.

"Yep, fine. Why are you moving seats?"

"We're in a group for the project we have been assigned."

"Hey." The other female group member waved awkwardly.

"Oh." I smiled at the rest of them.

"Is it okay for me to sit here Alex?"

"Yeah, yeah. No need to ask." I nodded at him.

He sat down, bought me up to speed with the history project we were assigned whilst I had been dissociating before we began to brainstorm about the subject we were given to present with the others.

Near the end of the lesson the principle came in, a stern expression on his face. Everyone stopped working to see what was going on, most quickly turning their attention over to Colton. The principle never goes into classes without a large reason, he usual just uses the irritating intercom system. The man glanced at Colton as he whispered to our teacher to explain. He gestured over to the door where saw three police officers, two men and a female officer, alongside a man and a woman in casual yet smart outfits.

"Colt?" I question lowly.

Before he could answer, the principle turned to us, "Mr Hughes, Miss Bennet. Please follow me. Bring your bags."