Plans

(2023 edit – I have deleted a few unnecessary chapters which add no plot to the story and created this one which will hopefully explain everything more concisely.

Anna's POV:
Over the next few weeks, I had kept up my cover at school, racing and fighting less to lessen the chance of Rick and his friends recognise me as the same person, especially now that we are allies and have begun training and hanging out together at our bases.

What I didn't expect was for an encrypted message from a number registered to my older brother Nick to suddenly appear on my laptop using a nickname only he used to call me. It said an address and that name, nothing else. It was extremely likely to be a hoax to lure us to that location to take us down but the nickname had to come from Nick. Whether he was alive after so long and finally cracked under torture or they had been holding this information for a while, potentially years I didn't care. I know that Max would be too impatient to wait on information to lure us into a trap so he could still be alive. Even if it was a trap we had to follow up with the intel. I had to know what happened to him. We'd either bring him home or we'd find his body and finally have closure, we had to know.

I immediately called my dad who came storming home, demanding every detail with a storm of rage and fear in his eyes. I couldn't imagine the pain of not knowing what had happened to your child, especially when Nick was so young. 

If we managed to save Nick, his life will never be the same. It had been years and everything changed. He was no long part of the gang, let alone its leader. I had taken his role after his old second in command Tristan, his best friend moved away after two years of not being able to find him, he never got go to university or continue his job. He'd lost so much time and the world had continued without him. He'll have physical and mental scars which will haunt him forever and with the added pressure of trying how to live normally once more after learning with the painful knowledge of his mother's passing, three years ago and having a baby sister he didn't know existed. He'd be a stranger to Elle and knowing her confusion will only frustrate him beyond belief whilst he healed and return to our lives.

There had been a world manhunt to find out what happened but with no concrete evidence and after half a decade, his disappearance was a cold case. Our gangs continued to look everywhere with most evidence pointing to Max Crowe's gang which was originally lead by his father Greg who we had killed in retaliation after he gloated of holding Nick hostage.

For the rest of the night, Dad and I organised a rescue mission for Nick with the held of our top strategists. We know where the location was but we don't know where in the base they are holding my brother; or if he is even in there so we have to be careful.

If our plan was successful we'd turn the place into a new combined storage facility for a huge weapons shipment arriving from our allies in Australia but if over time Nick is still triggered by his captivity, we would torch the place to the ground and find a new location.

Brooke's POV: (Bet you didn't expect that, did ya.)
I had spend the whole of lunch thinking about Colton, I know he went to Juvy for murder but that makes him more badass and tough right? I don't know what he sees in that nerd; she is fat, ugly, a know-it-all and a stuck up crybaby. The nerd is just a loser and I bet he only stays with her to make her feel better, I mean how can you even stand being near her?

He should be with me, I am rich, hot, smart, sporty and obviously popular. I mean what can you not like about me? I would be his perfect girlfriend, I mean seriously. I'm the most popular person in school and he's the most popular guy because of his bad reputation so it just makes sense for us to be together. We would totally be the most important couple in school.

After the gym I went to my huge room, sat cross legged in the middle of my four poster bed and started to think until I had the perfect plan to destroy their relationship, I just had to wait for the best opportunity to strike and to take him for myself.
__________

Who else hates Brooke *raises arm up* I do.