blood velvet

I apologise in advance. (You'll see what I mean)

• • • •

Anna jogged up the stairs towards Nick's new office in the base. She had given away the space after gradually easing away from leadership almost two months after she opened up to Colton about her coma dream. She had physically recovered from the accident but mentally it was taking a while longer to adjust to so stepping back was the best decision. She could focus on getting better and her school work which was piling up ahead of graduation.

"What are we going to do?" Nick paced behind the desk.

"What do you mean what are we going to do? We're going to stop them." Anna rolled her eyes.

"How?"

"I left you in charge for a reason Nick. I'm stepping back, you started this gang remember?" She sighed. "You have a team of strategic geniuses behind you, work with them to create a plan. Groups, location, objectives, potential losses, potential gains. Sort it out."

"Yeah. Yeah, okay. Right." He sat down. "The Soul Snatchers are encroaching from the West into our land and have attacked multiple members as well as passersby during the evening. They clearly knew where our guys would be so either they've been following them or they were told where to be. We've lost 11 members and 23 are injured. It's apparently the same groups of 7 people going after ours, at least 4 of then but if we eliminate them the Snatchers could just send other groups out. It's best to get rid of the majority, if not all of them if we can. Dad's already said that they are ready to join us, so the groups from last time would work well. We know where a few of their bases are so just need to figure out the details." He listed everything on paper as he spoke, the pen between his teeth as he took time to think of each topic. 

"Great. Colt and I are going to his house, I'll tell Harry and Nathan that you need to talk." 

"Thanks Belle."

• • • •

"I've got everything!" Colton called from the kitchen as Anna took off her shoes.

"Great!"

She walked into the kitchen to see her boyfriend wearing jeans, sky blue fluffy socks, a white vest top and a pink fluffy apron round his torso. "Cupcakes!" He grinned manically at her. 

"Jesus." She mumbled under her breath before smiling back. She stepped within arms distance and he pulled her into a hug with a kiss on her forehead. "Remind me why I love you?" 

"Because I'm amazing, smart, sexy, funny, intelligent, cute, strong, smart. Did I mention funny?" 

"Once or twice. Smartypants." She rose the corner of her lips upwards before laughing, her head tilted against him. "You apply for all for universities." 

"Yeah. Hoping juvy won't ruin everything."

"You were acquitted for everything and you're one of the highest achieving students at school and you've got great reports from everyone you need to for uni. How was work?" 

"Good. Someone brought their Land Rover in so I worked on that for most of the day. Yours?"

"Really good. They said they are thinking of giving me a paid internship over the summer."

"That's great news Belle. So, cupcakes."

"Red velvet right?"

"Of course. I may have gotten distracted and got Oreos as well so I thought we could make mini cheesecakes."

"Ooh. Let's do the cheesecakes first so they can set properly." He nodded.

With the radio blaring, dance breaks with jokes and laughter filling the air and a few minor arguments about eating the ingredients, the last of the cheesecake batter was carefully spooned into the glasses to be chilled in the fridge. Colton picking up some of the spare Oreo filling on his middle finger and swiping it onto her nose with a cackle, swiftly evading her swinging arm by sliding round the counter almost slipping as he rounded the corner of the messy counter.

"Colt!" She playfully glared after she put the tray of glasses in the fridge.

Picking up a measuring cup and filling it up with the flour for the cakes, she rose it up menacingly.

"Hey, Hey! we need that to make the cupcakes!" He ducked down as she faked a throw.

She sighed. "Fine, but watch your back." She smiled.

"Yes Ma'am." He mock saluted.

Anna's phone rang as Colton cracked an egg into the sugar and butter mixture. 

"It's Max."

"He's probably asking about history homework." Colton joked. She nodded.

Her phone continued to ring as he added the flour. "Food colouring time."

Anna poured the red liquid into the batter until it was a rich red colour, deciding to pick up her phone as she moved towards the cupboard to but it back. Colton stirring the mixture as she walked away, his head spinning towards her after the grip on the bottle and her phone loosened in shock, the contents smashing on the tiled floor, spilling everywhere like blood, He ran to her as she dropped to the floor, echoing sobs filling his ears as she cried. 

He pulled her stained phone to his ear as he cradled her to his chest. 

"Max? What's going on?"

"They–They're dead. Sam, Jordan. R-Rhea. They're all dead." He rushed out panically. 

Colton swore as he rocked Anna in his arms. Colton's phone began to ring as well. 

"Snatchers?"

"Y-yeah."

"My phone's going. Keep me updated." Max hung up. "Belle. I'm going to get my phone okay. You've got to let me go for a few seconds."

He peeled her away from her and snatched his phone off the countertop.

"Izzy, Casey, Lacey and Josh are dead." Nick announced.

"More? Rhea, sam and Jordan are too." Colton replied, Anna's cries increased as she took in that more had been murdered.

Nick swore. "Right. Anna's with you isn't she? Get to the base."

"On it." 

"No one else is dying today." Nick declared before hanging up.

• • • •

To be honest, I can't remember if I have removed certain characters so if they are random turn up, I apologise.

Sorry this book has not been updated in so long but I'm in university now so yeah that's fun, I am working on the next chapters (hopefully)

Thank you for being to patient with me.

I think I know what to do for the rest of this book now so hopefully I can sort it all out but if you have any ideas please let me know.

_hello_hi