Surprise

I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of your reads, votes and comments. They mean so much to me.

• • •
Alex's POV:
School was being hectic all day, gossip of our rival school's football captain and their quarterback going missing was rampant throughout the school. Rumours about them being taken by the Lucifer's Angels was one of the popular ones, I wish I had done but I knew I would kill them as soon as I began so I didn't. There's no evidence suggesting there were going to do what Brooke organised, if I was going to hurt anyone about it, it would be her. The idea that the Soul Snatcher's took them was second fastest to swarm the school and possibly the most likely to have happened. Others suggesting they had gone on a bender and were in juvie or prison was high up there as well or rumours saying that they went on a holiday to an exotic county or had ran away from home came up a few times.

I've decided to put my energy into something constructive and be Baroness and Scar for a while, focus on that and get all my emotions out. I've organised a race tonight and a fight tomorrow, I've also decided to live with the gang for a while in the base so I can catch up with the others.

I drove to school with Sam and went to our lockers. After slithering past the crowds of sleep deprived, coffee filled teenagers we got our books for our next two subjects and just chatted on the edge of the corridor for a while. In my peripheral vision I saw Colton walk past on his own and no Brooke. His clothes were clean if not a bit wrinkled with his light grey t-shirt bunched on his belt, his laces loose on his trainers and his usual bag on his dominant shoulder, his hair messier than ever before and bags under his eyes. His knuckles were bloodied and bruised, torn flesh covered the bone. His lip was split open in the corner, his left eye was deeply bruised and puffy and his jaw had a deep purple bruise on his right side. I assumed he was fighting at the Crypt so I brushed it off. He gave me a weak smile but continued to walk, giving me the space that I needed but also reassuring me that no matter what he would be near enough for me to ask him for anything.

We used to just sit next to each other and talk for hours. We didn't need to talk about the gang, we rarely did, we left all of that business at the base. We'd talk about everything else, how we were finding school, films we wanted to see, our feelings about pretty much anything. Hell he listened to me ranting for over half an hour about my cramps whilst holding a water bottle to me stomach after school one day after I threw up due to the pain. I could go to him for anything and he to me and now that I decided to take a break to process what he told me I wanted it all back.

"A, you're staring at him," Sam snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"I don't know what to do."

"I know you want space and everything but just talk to him at least, you're not helping anyone if you don't, he tried to protect you as well as he could in the situation and he's taken everything really hard, you saw him just now. Talk to him."

"I don't know Sam, I still don't know."

"Fine. I know what to do. You just need a distraction; a boyfriend." She grinned.

"A boyfriend. Are you bloody joking. Please tell me you're joking. No way!" I shook my head and walked backwards, away from my clearly insane friend.

"Please A, you need this." She tried to persuade me. "If you're not talking to him then it will help you forget it."

"I don't need a boyfriend." I insisted.

"Sam you know she have me as her fiancé remember," Colton said as I bumped into his muscly chest, trying to get away from Samantha. Dammit.

"I... Uh you know what." I caved and pulled Colton in for a full on kiss.

We were millimetres away from kissing when someone yelled me from the other side of the corridor.

"OH MY GOD!" A very familiar voice yelled. I pulled away and was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"Rhea! Max!" They were the children of the third in command of our Australian base.

"Hey!" They said at the same time.

They pulled me away from Colton and began to talk about the base and everything in Australia.

"Come on!" Colton grumbled loudly.

"He ain't getting some!" Max sniggered to anyone listening.

"Fuck off Andrews!" Colton shouted back.

"Ha ha," Max said sarcastically. "So Boss, bet you didn't know we were coming huh," he grinned.

"You don't tell me, I hate you, who's in charge in Australia?"

"Xavier and Ruth," Rhea said. Phew, I thought it would be Kitty. Never again.

"Okay, how long you here for guys,"

"Whenever, vacation time here," Max smiled.

"Idiot, we have school it is not a vacation just a break." Rhea said slapping Max round the back of the head.

I laughed at their twin connection, it's just like Izzy and I, we mess around with each other but always care and love each other more than anyone.

Brad and the rest of his squad came down the corridor, their usual formation made people scamper out of the way and to look at them in either awe or worriedly. Max started to freak out.

"Brad's the Royal Demon leader. The twins are taken, the one on the left is Brad's second Rick and his third Freddie is on his right." I say quickly.

"Hey Alex." Brad greets casually.

"Hey, this is Rhea my third and Max soon to be my seconds in our Australia base." I introduce, lowly explaining the pack hierarchy.

"Hey," they all say to each other.

I notice Max staring at Rick intently
who was staring back in the same intense way. Whoa, no way; Rick's gay? I wonder why he wasn't come out. His friends would accept him in a heartbeat and no one would dare say anything against it, everyone here is inclusive of almost anything at this school.

I have to get them together. They would be so cute as a couple. I mean, come on; now I think about it they both like the same foods and have the same interests, great conversation starters and hobbies.

The bell went and we went to our lessons, Colton was behind all of us as he has the same lessons as me, still unsure of my boundaries but closer than before.

Rhea and Max were on the same table as Colton and I so we talked about Australia and just generally caught up with each other, obviously not mentioning what happened at the party. I tried to be as civil as possible and within minutes we were all joking as if the whole situation hadn't happened at all.