epilogue

It was a bustling day, hundreds of excitable young adults rushing around their accommodation for the year, their parents right behind them as they carried boxes and boxes; filled to the brim with their lives from home.

Some were in higher spirits than others as they strode ahead, utterly entranced by university life before it truly begun whilst others were having trouble even getting out of the car without preemptive homesickness left them in a crying mess, sometimes accompanied by their equally emotional parents; some groaned and shied away from the display in fear of embarrassment from their peers who were to focused on anything other than finding their flat and room keys to settle in.

It was a beautiful display of a terrifyingly adult chapter in their lives and just about to walk back into his new university room from where he left Richard Grimm in the shared kitchen to organise was Colton Hughes.

Anna was setting out his stationary on his desk which ran across the wall at the foot of his bed which she had newly made. Dressed in joggers and one of his many hoodies she had a huge grin on her face.

"You better not forget me." She warned teasingly.

"How could I ever?" He questioned.

"You'll do amazing."

"I know."

She swotted his arm as he continued to unpack his clothes and put them in the limited wardrobe.

"You'll do good son. Try not to go out every night, you are studying mechanical engineering, it won't be easy." Richard warned.

"I won't. Freshers and once every while on a Friday night, I've got work to do as well, no huge benders for me."

"Good cause I ain't bailing you outta prison again."

"It was juvie not prison." Colton denied, smiling as Richard ruffled his hair affectionately.

"I'm messing kid, now head to the kitchen, I think I just gave your flatmate a heart attack. He seems like the real nervous type."

He nodded and rushed to the kitchen to introduce himself and sooth things over.

"Ready to go? You may be engaged but you ain't staying the night."

"I know dad."

"We need to get you back too. You're leaving next week, a Business and Finance degree to start."

"Thanks for the reminder dad. I haven't even started and I'm already stressed."

"You'll do great kiddo. I know it."

Ten minutes later, Anna and Richard went into the kitchen to see Colton laughing with two of his flatmates, only one set of parents remained, who the pair introduced themselves to quickly.

"You heading off?

"Yeah, going to beat rush hour." Richard agreed.

"Safe journey home, thanks for taking me."

"It was no problem, especially because you both weren't in the car! Bloody bikes will be the death of me." He joked.

"Have fun with your new flatmates. I'll call you later yeah?" Anna hugged him tightly rather than kissing him, going for the safer option in front of his flatmates and their parents.

"Definitely. Ride safe."

"I'm a safer rider than you, you almost drove into a tree!" She accused.

"That was two years ago and I swerved to save a cat."

"It was last week and it was a fox." She deadpanned.

"Close enough. Call me when you move in next week. I wanna see your place."

"Will do! Have a great time all of you, enjoy freshers!"

Colton winked as she left with a smile. They were safe and moving onto bigger things.

No more gangs; the Lucifer's Angels had been fully passed back to Nick a few months before their exams. There were no more rivalries, since the Snatchers had been eradicated no gang had risen to take their place. The Lucifer's Angels and Lifebloods had equally devised their new gained territory and bases between themselves and their allies, giving Brad a large section of property and territory to control as he grew his empire. There was no more death. Since retiring from the life of gang warfare, no lives were lost and no funerals were attended, although she did visit the resting places of her fallen friends; her family whenever she could.

Everything was finally okay.

________
I hope you guys have all enjoyed the book.

I know this is not where you thought it would go and you may have expected more but I thought a sense of closure would be best, for the characters and for myself as the writer.

Unfortunately there is no sequel but I hope you liked the epilogue and where they end up.

Thank you for everything you guys.

Love you all!

Hello_hi