Black lace and gunshots

Months of turmoil caused death and destruction to both sides of the turf war. The Snatchers had been relentless in their attempt to eradicate them and take over, often gaining innocent bystanders in the consequences. Multiple funerals had been and gone, countless casualties injured in attacks and skirmishes between the two sides.

After attempting to step back and let Nick lead, Annabelle was beside herself with worry for her family, her gang and everyone else caught in the crossfire and after a particularly vicious attack she was forced back into leadership to maintain order, all whilst balancing normalcy with school.

She dragged herself to her classes, unable to concentrate on anything but the gang as she mindlessly copied notes and answered her teachers questions soullessly. As exams and collage fast approached she snapped.

She grabbed strategies plans and her notes, pouring over ever little piece of information she had on the Snatcher's leadership and holed herself in her room.

Three days later of refusals to accept help she walked out of her room, took over the gang's surveillance room, striding out of the room once she found what she needed, grabbing a gun and slammed the front door shut.

It was a tense few hours as half of her remaining friends and family waited impatiently in her house, pacing frantically once Colton announced she was gone from her room and couldn't be found whilst the others created a search party and went out to find her. Colton being forced to stay behind by her father.

Their heads snapped to the door as she shut behind her. She stepped in, her face splattered in blood and a folder in her hand.

"He's dead." She declared.

"What?"

"He's dead. All of his highest men too, the rest have surrendered, the others are with them."

"What did you do?" Colton questioned, his voice uncharacteristically soft as he embraced her.

"What I should have done months ago." She admitted as she leant against him as if all the weight of the world had been lifted from her and she dropped her head against his chest in emotional exhaustion.

___

Sorry this is so short!