The next afternoon, they were on the road again, walking through woods. Matilda was carrying Judith, walking beside her father when they heard a ruffle of leaves. Rick stopped, pointing out his weapon making everyone to do the same and out came Daryl.

"We surrender." Daryl jokes, holding by a dozen squirrels.

Matilda shook her head at her redneck before they began walking again.

"No tracks. No nothing." Daryl said, walking beside his girlfriend.

"So whatever you heard last night..." Rick replied, inferring to Daryl waking up in the middle of the night.

"It's more what I felt. If someone was watching us, there would have been something." Daryl said.

Rick turned towards the group, whistling. "Keep close."

A few minutes later, a loud scream echoed through the air.

"Dad! Matilda! Come on!" Carl shouted, running off towards the sound.

"Carl! Wait, Carl!" Matilda shouted after him, she ran without hesitation after her brother.

"Carl! Tilly!" Rick yelled as everyone ran after the siblings.

Matilda clutched her sister as she grabbed onto their brother's shirt pulling him back to her chest. At the clearing, a dark skinned man on top of a rock screamed as walkers reached towards the man.

a arrow embedded it itself in a head of one of the Walker's as the group caught up to them. After the walkers were dead, Rick looked up at the man

"Come on down,"

The man's body shook as he climbed down the rock.

"You okay?" Matilda asked as she looked over his appearance. He was dressed in a preacher outfit.

The man didn't answer Tilly before he vomited in front of her shoes. Matilda grimaced, looking at the man in disgust.

"Sorry. Yes. Thank you. I'm Gabriel." The man said, standing up and wiping away the vomit.

"Do you have any weapons on you?" Rick asked, causing the man to chuckle looking around the group, stopping when he saw their faces.

"Do I look like I would have any weapons?" The mansaid, holding out his arms.

"We don't give two short and curlies what it looks like," Abraham commented.

"I have no weapons of any kind. The word of god is the only protection I need." The man replied.

"Sure didn't look like it," Daryl commented, making Gabriel smile nervously.

"I called for help. Help came." He said, looking around to everyone. "Do you have—have any food? Whatever I-I had left it just hit the ground."

"We've got some pecans," Carl said, holding out some pecans.

The man took to nuts, thanking the young boy. Carl nodded as his baby sister cooed in his oldest sister's arms. That caught the man's attention, he looked at Judith.