130

THE RUN AND GO-130

THE RUN AND GO-130

Cassie had made sure her baby brother was on the wagon with the others kids before she went off with her dad, Kelly, Maggie and two of her people to look for the rest of her aunt's people. This time when she insisted on coming along her dad didn't argue with her, but she had to follow the rules he made on every mission.

She stayed close to either her dad or Kelly as they walked for hours trying to find her aunt's people rendezvous place. Her aunt was persistent on finding her people, so much so that she didn't want to stop for the night.

"About a half hour left, boss." Cole says. "If we're lucky,"

"We can go a little longer." Maggie replied, intending to keep going.

"No, we can't." The man argued, as they stopped. "It's getting dark. We shouldn't be out here."

Cassie slid off of Kelly's back, whom had offered her a piggyback ride when she got  tried of walking, and watched as her dad sighed something to the dark skinned woman. Kelly nodded, agreeing with Daryl before Maggie spoke.

"Okay."

"Okay? Okay, what? You mean stay here?" Kelly questioned the woman.

"We should go up in the woods, find higher ground." Cassie's father suggested.

Maggie shared a look with Cole before stating. "I think we'll all sleep better in some shelter."

Daryl grunted out an answer as Maggie walked over to the gate. Kelly pipped in. "Okay. So all we have to do is clear this whole parking lot full of sickos and haul up for the night."

Cole looked at her with an arrogant expression. "No sweat."

Simultaneously Cassie and Kelly rolled their eyes as they got out their weapons. Cole and Maggie throw open the gate, stirring up the walkers inside and stormed into the gate area, taking out the walkers.

Cassie stayed near the gate entrance, using her bow and arrows to take out walkers. She took a few down, before following after Kelly as Maggie, her dad, and the man with the cool looking mask tried to close a ship cargo carrier that was full of walkers.

Her, Kelly, and Cole provided them back up by killing the rest of the walkers around them. Cassie kicked one of the walker's knees causing it to split from its body, the walker fell before she take out her knife and stabbed it in the head.

Kelly took her by the shoulder as Cole walked passed with a smug look. "Alright, so, maybe a little sweat."

Again simultaneously Cassie and Kelly rolled their eyes as the older woman lead her towards one of the cargo containers. Later that night, Cassie lied on the floor of the container across from her aunt as her dad and the others were securing the place.