148

BACK FROM THE EDGE-148

"So, that's slate's just wiped clean?" Aaron asked as they were sitting in front of a buildings.

"Debt, deaths on both sides. We get supplies, water, weapons. Pamela provides everything that we need to finish rebuilding. Free and clear." Carol nodded, standing next to Sally.

Gabe crossed his arms over his chest. "Then we just go home?"

"That's up to everyone to decide."

"What does Pamela get out of this?" Violet asked, sitting next to Maggie.

"Hornsby. We tell the people what he did out here, back at that house where...where folks died. He takes the fall for it." Carol explained.

"So, this is about saving her son." Daryl pipped in.

"It's not our problem anymore." Carol insisted.

Annie rubbed her head. "We'll talk about it with our people when they get here. There's a lot to think about on our end."

Negan scoffed quietly. "Right. Yeah. Like how they killed most of our people."

Carol sighed. "Anyone else?"

Maggie glanced at Daryl and Max before over to Sally, who gave her a barely visible nod. "I think the most important thing is that we're together. I don't want do it alone anymore. I don't trust them. But if you say that this deal gets us back in our homes, with our own rules, then I think it's worth the risk."

Daryl nodded as he grabbed an apple for him and his son. "Alright."

***

Cassie stood next to her dad as Jerry, Lydia, Elijah, and Aaron packed up a wagon to head to Oceanside with supplies from Commonwealth. Her dad was packing a few things when he pulled out a bow and quiver and handed it to his daughter. "Here. It's yours."

"Is this mom's?" She asked, taking the bow.

"Yeah." He grunted.

Cassie run her finger over the initials of her mother's name before giving the bow back to her dad. "I don't want it."

"Alright." Daryl says, putting it back into the bag.

"I don't want it because if she comes back, she'll needs it." Cassie elaborated, looking down at the table. "Because she will come back. I know she will. She has to."