025

TRAUMA-025

TRAUMA-025

When Matilda walked into the cell block, she was attacked by her brothers throwing themselves in her arm. She stumbled back due to her legs wavering slightly and was caught by Daryl who placed his hand on her back.

Sending the redneck a smile, she hugged her brothers tightly and buried her face in their hair as their father spoke.

"We're not leaving," Rick told the group when they were in the cell block.

Matilda moved towards the stairs with her brothers and Max following and sat on them, a few steps above Hershel. She took Judith from Beth, rocking her sister when she became fussy.

"We can't stay here," Hershel argued.

"What if there's another sniper?" Lola commented, standing next to Kelly.

"A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds," Maggie added.

"We can't even go outside," Violet said, standing next to her sister.

"Not in the daylight," Kelly added.

"Rick says we're not running, we're not running," Glenn told everyone.

"No, better to live like rats," Merle said causing everyone to look over to him.

Matilda kept her eyes on her sister, trying to keep the rage and annoyance for the older Dixon down. Her father had locked him in the main block away from everyone. Max was allowed in the cell block after Tilly explained everything.

"You got a better idea?" Rick questioned.

"Yeah, we should have slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now." Merle informed, lending on the railing.

"We ain't scared of that prick," Daryl said, walking across the balcony.

"Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out of he wanted to." Merle said, looking at Rick.

"Let's put him in the other cell block," Maggie said, twisting a rag in her hand.

"No. He's got a point." Daryl stated.