32. The bundle of joy

Assalamualaikum

Good morning 😅

Happy Friday, dry day😜

Long chapter.

Enjoy😍

*************

Sameer's POV,

"Whom you were missing on the day of madiya's wedding?" Adiba suddenly asked. We were watching a movie while cuddling to each other on our bed when out of nowhere she asked.

I glance at her who had her eyes on the screen while her head on my bare shoulder. "Why you ask suddenly?" Removing hair away from her face so I could have a clear view of my beautiful wife's face.

She looks up at me. "Just asking" she shrugged and again look ahead.

"My sister" my answer makes her jolted up. She sat straight and stare at me in shock. I don't know why I said that without any hesitation when I never like to talk about her with anyone else not even with my family. For me and Arman this was something which makes both of our life effects to the great extent where we lost our big part.

"Your sister?" She asked. I nodded. "Where is she?"

"I don't know maybe dead," I said without showing any emotions. I felt my heart started trembling remembering her. But I refused to show it on my face but I guess I was failed as Adiba scoot toward me and cupped my face making me look in her eyes.

"Sameer, talk to me. I know you want to. Just let it out" Adiba pleaded and I felt a lump in my throat and wetness in my eyes.

"She was our only sister. Arman and mine. Princess of the house. But five year ago....." I trailed of gulping the sorrowful lump. She pulled me in her arms.

"What had happened five years ago?" Adi asked gently running her finger on my hair.

"She was studying here in this country we all were living happily as a happy family but then something happens in her college and after she didn't wanted to study here and demanded to go abroad. We understand and send her there. Two years past and She was really happy there. She always talks to us with her cheerful voice. Mom even believes that she was in love with someone there but when she asked she never told her not even me and Armaan. Just said she was happy and will come home soon. We were happy for her but then....." A large lump form in my throat. Adi pull me back a little so she could see my face and cupped my face.

"Then what happens?"

"She disappears. The night before she disappears from her hostel she called us and said she loves us. She asked for forgiveness. She was crying, we knew she was. When we asked her, what happened? And if that person did something whom she was in love then we will make him pay but she never told us anything. Arman and I left for the USA that same night but before we could reach there she was disappeared. We search, we did everything to find her but we couldn't. we force to believe that she's dead but Arman..." I paused and pull away from her a little and look at her. "Arman won't believe it. I almost lost him when I tried to make him understand. He's still searching for her. And seeing him like this makes me hurt" a tear escape my eyes when I remember my brother's craziness for our sister. when I thought practically than by now we should believe and somehow we did except Arman.

"But why? I mean... Its been five years and she didn't come. Arman should believe that and should stop this madness" Adiba said. I know she was feeling our pain and wanted Arman to live his life in peace without any false hope. But we couldn't make him believe when he was the one who was attached to her more than anyone.