Dabi x Hanahaki!Reader 💔 [roses are black]

Woah, edgy title^

A/N: Hi sis, I'm still alive! So I'll start my school year in exactly three days, so I decided to make a villain spree during those days! Plus I'm feeling kinda down today because I don't want holidays to end, so here you have some angst!

1000 words in about two hours (jooooł)

Quirk: (I don't have a name sorry)
your skin can produce dense, heavy, pink gas. When someone (besides you) breathes it in, they become dizzy and distracted. It activated automatically when you're extremely scared or excited. The gAs smElls like cheRrieS.

<><> Flashback <><>

'

I'll can't be late again!' you thought.

You were currently running as fast as you can through the city to get to your job. You worked at a flower shop, mostly because nothing unexpected happened there, so you wouldn't accidentally use your quirk.
You decided to take a shortcut and turned into some darker alley.
Suddenly you felt yourself colliding with somebody else.

"Aah, im sorry, I didn't mean to!" You said quickly.

You opened your eyes. You saw a tall, black haired male with some kind of scars covering his body. Hopefully you didn't bump too hard into him.

"Watch where you're going" he growled in response clearly annoyed.

You however instead of running as far as possible from him, just stood there looking at his face. Many people would consider him as ugly or weird, but you found him very handsome actually. And his eyes were just perfect. This strong, striking cerulean blue burning like fire made you feel something in your stomach.

"It's not nice to stare" he said in a more warning tone.

"I-I know, your eyes... They're just so beautiful" you nearly whispered under your breath. You shook your head.

"S-sorry, I should get going" you said before storming out of the alley leaving the stranger behind.

<><> Flashback (closer to present) <><>

It was nearly 10 p.m.  You will soon close the flower shop and go back home. You were humming the melody of your favourite song while packing the last bouquet.
You started to smell an unfamiliar scent creeping through the flowers' aroma. It got stronger every second. Now you could recognize it. Smoke. You looked around only to see blue flames dancing outside the window.
You started panicking and you could feel your quirk activating, quickly covering the whole ground in dizzying gas.
Suddenly the door shot open and you could see a fairly familiar silhouette there. The gas spilled through the door suffocating the nearest flames.

"So, that's how your quirk works..." said a deep and husky voice, its owner moving closer to you

It was him. The guy you bumped into during that day.

"N-n-no it's not!" you rambled shaking and backing away from him.

He just laughed in response

"come with me and your life will change for so much better" he said offering you a hand.

<><> present day <><>

"Heyyyyyy, (Y/N), let me braid your hair pleeeeaseee!" yelled your blonde friend excitedly.

"Not now, Toga. I'm busy, but I promise, I'll come to you as soon as I can" you responded. You really liked hanging out with her, but you couldn't because handyman gave you some papers about those U.A. kids to memorize.

"Okay, I'll wait at the bar" she said way calmer than just a second earlier.

"I'll maybe just get a break. I need it" you hummed making Toga jump around you.

You two walked over to the bar. You saw Kurogiri at his usual bartender place and Dabi sitting at the counter with a glass of some alcohol in his hand.

You sat beside him and Toga behind you already starting to braid your hair.
Now, that you know the males personality, you know that you've fallen for him and you can't deny it.

"how's your work going, beautiful?" he asked with a smirk. You rolled your eyes playfully.

"half memorized, half still to do, I feel like I'm dying." you whined and he just giggled.

Suddenly you felt an awful scratching inside your throat and you coughed hardly.

"oh, an awful cold you got there" Dabi said.

"I know, I know, I have it a few days now, but it doesn't want to come away."

You sat there just laughing and chilling with Dabi and Toga.

When you got to your room, you felt it again, but stronger. This pulling inside your lungs. You took some medicine, but it just won't stop. You started coughing uncontrollably, until you felt relieved. You looked at the ground in front of you only to see some black petals there. Your brows furrowed while you inspected them.
'how did they get here?' you thought.
You just threw the petals into the trash.

It continued for the whole day. You coughing and then finding those black petals near you. You went to ask Kurogiri about it, but he didn't know why it was like that.

It continued,

Day after day your coughing got stronger and you got weaker. You even started coughing whole flowers.

You stayed in your room more than ever. You didn't want to upset the others. You didn't want to be a heavy bargain they'll have to carry...
Or leave.

You locked yourself in the bathroom and decided to take a bath. You couldn't breathe properly anymore. You sat on the floor curling up and trying to take a breath, something preventing you from getting the air into your lungs. You could feel tears swelling in your eyes and the gas pooling out of your skin.

Darkness.

<><> Dabi's pov <><>

'(Y/N) didn't go out from the bathroom in like four hours, is she okay?' I thought knocking on the door. I didn't hear any response. I knocked again and again and again. No response. I forced the door open only to see her curled up beside the overflowing bath. The water on the floor was mixed with blood and there were black, velvet-like flowers floating on it.
I quickly ran towards (Y/N) and shook her. Nothing. Her body was cold. No pulse. I've seen many deaths, lifeless bodies and terrible things, but not this. Not the victim of the infamous hanahaki disease. Not (Y/N) dead on the floor. Dead only and just because someone didn't love her...

******************A/N*******************

Hiiiii siiisss, I'm soo sleepyy. Your cringe goddess got lazy and couldn't make the last part cool, so sorry.

I'm going to sleep.

Night siss!