CHAPTER 7- UNFOLDINGS- PART 1

_____________________

After the lecture he told me that I too would suffer but all I could do was laugh.
_____________________

VANESSA

Kio and I entered our literature class, and I nudged him.

"I remember!" he said dreadfully.

He went at sat at the bench beside Sierra, and I went and sat behind them.

"Hi Sierra! You look very pretty today." he said smiling.

"Oh really? I am so glad that you came and talked to me." she said as I cringed behind not drawing a lot of attention.

"Oh!" he said raising his eyebrows and I just couldn't stop laughing, but I hold my nose.

"So how have been Kio?"

"Just perfect. The murder that happened was pretty brutal."

"Yeah it was!"

"Where were you during that time?"

"What time?"

"The time Rose got killed."

"Who is Rose?"

"The girl who was murdered."

"What about her?"

"Nothing, just what were you doing at that time."

"Why do you ask?"

"Just to know if you were close to the crime scene as I would hate to have you near it!"

"Aww! No need to worry I was in the café with Nicoletta the whole time."

"Nicoletta was with you the whole time?"

"Oh yeah sure!"

"Ok thank you for time!" he said getting up to come and sit beside me.

"Where are you going?" she said.

"Yes Kio." I said. He gave me a death stare.

"Oh, no where just picking my bag!" he said.

The whole lecture Sierra blabbered to him and he kept nodding and I kept laughing, but she wouldn't pick up a clue.

After the lecture he told me that I too would suffer but all I could do was laugh.

*******

"Vanessa, I want to talk to you." said Christian.

"Yes detective."

"Do you have any information to share with us?"

"No detective."

"I know you know something, just tell me."

"I know nothing Christian."

"You took my name for the first time; you are definitely hiding something. Whenever you are ready. Come and tell me, will you?"

"Sure." I said and walked away.

"Vanessa, I need to tell you something." said Brandon running towards me.

"Shoot!" I told him.

"They have found my fingerprints with three others on the murder weapon."

"What?!"

"I have no idea how? Anyways what was the detective saying?"

"Just that he knew that I had some information which I was withholding. And when we talked to Sierra, we got to know that you were right. Nicoletta did not leave."

"I knew it, you didn't tell anything to the detective, did you?"

"No, but I have an idea that could help us to know where your fingerprints came from on the weapon. But I will have to run it to everyone and see if they are okay."

Everyone approved of the idea.

That evening I went to the old library, now the police department.

"Detective!" I shouted.

"Yes Vanessa, not your home."

"I know!"

"ARE YOU HERE TO YELL AT ME!"

"No, to make a deal."

"That is?"

"Information for information."

"I don't understand."

"I will give you information in return of information."

"Sorry I cannot do that."

"You will because my information can change the way you look at the case."

"So, tell me."

"First you! Tell me the names of the people whose fingerprints you found on the weapon."

"So, I suppose Brandon told you."

"Why won't he? He is my friend."

"Please stay away from people like him. They are not good news."

"Now you are my father?"

"Just an advice, your wish to take it or not. And the fingerprints, I don't think so giving you that will help you."

"Trust me, it will."

"You are so stubborn. They were of Shawn Gatsby and Diana Bore, the other one we couldn't identify."

"Well, my turn, Rose was an unhappy person, something from her past bothered her a lot. The murder could have something to do with her past."

"I give you names and you give me a theory, where is the deal?"

"It will help, believe me!" I told him patting at his shoulder.

I took back the names to the group.

"I think I can search the social media for them." Sophia said.

"Ok cool." I said.

"Done!" she said in just ten seconds.

"HOW?" Ryder said.

"Ok so the Gatsby guy is a chef and works at a restaurant, oh wait, our campus's Chinese one. Diana is a worker also at our college, she works with dish washing department." Sophia said.

"Is the detective stupid? That knife is probably from the cutlery of the college. The whole college's utensils are washed at the same place, so many times things get switched."

"So, this means that whoever did this has access to the utensils?" I said.

"Or is good at stealing." Kio said.

AUTHOR NOTE'S- Please vote, comment and share.