CHAPTER 15- SPLITTING UP- PART 1

_________________

_________________

Uh! Why does he have to be like this?
_________________

VANESSA

I wake up to a message from Christian asking if we could shift our meeting that night to 9. I was okay with that. The day was rather tedious, but the journalism gig that Sophia set me up with was pretty cool. It was not some sitting at the desk job but rather going department to department to collect materials about an article, not the ideal job I want when I graduate but it's about the experience.

Reagan called asking me what happened between Brandon and me. I told her my side of the story but she kept saying Brandon got jealous. But why would he be jealous I mean it didn't make sense. My anger for him was reducing, so I decided to call him after talking to Christian.

I went to the diner at 9, Christian was already there waiting for me. "I didn't make you wait a lot, did I?" I asked apologetically.

"Oh no, I just reached," he answered gesturing me to sit.

"Ok, before panicking and getting angry, you have to hear me out and let me complete. Also, you are not allowed to hold anyone accountable. Okay? If u agree, then only I will tell you."

"I am listening but I can't guarantee anything. Go on."

"We might know something related to Rose's murder."

"By 'we' you mean Brandon and you?" he said raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, including Reagan, Ryder, Kio, and Sophia."

"So basically, everyone you are good friends with?" he asked.

"You could say that. Ok, so Gabi might have reached out to us to help her." I said.

"What?! Are you serious! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Yes, very serious. And I am telling you now, that counts right."

"You realize that you could be helping a freaking criminal. You hiding Gabi reaching out to you guys is unethical and also a crime!"

"What did I say about not freaking out?"

"Vanessa, I am done talking to you. Cops will soon be at your house to take you to the interrogation room. And not just you, ALL YOUR LITTLE DETECTIVE FRIENDS." he said getting up and leaving.

"CHRISTIAN WAIT! I know a lot more. If not for my sake, hear me out for Rose's sake." I said hoping he would let me complete.

"Fine. You have exactly 15 minutes."

"But if I tell you everything, you are not allowed to arrest my friends or even call them up for interrogation. Also, I want you to take me as a consultant on this case."

"You are stubborn as hell." He said with a hard look on his face.

"You are one of the first people to say that but I am going to take that as a yes," I said smiling.