CHAPTER 9-EMAIL?REALLY...-PART1

____________________

"So, WE are going to Dallas after all."
____________________

VANESSA

Immediately after reading the email, I realized it was from none other Gabi. It had been almost three weeks since our conversation with Gabi. We had not heard once since then from her. To be honest, we had kind of forgotten about her. Probably because we weren't exactly close to her.

I wanted to read ahead when I saw Brandon sent a message in our group. "Can we meet?"

"Sure. Ig we all know why?" I texted. Ryder sent a question mark after that. Which was kind of expected from him.

"In the park in 5." texted Sophie.

******

"That email is from?" Brandon asked.

"Gabriella Perez." I said.

"How do you know that?" Kio asked.

"The first time we met, I mean Gabi and I, even Reagan she said 'Hola Chicas Gaupas'. She also wrote that in the email." I answered.

"What email guys?" Ryder interrupted. We told him about it and told him to check his phone.

"What does it mean exactly but?" Sophia said.

"Exactly! In the email, I couldn't even understand what or about where it meant about." Brandon said.

"Should we read it once again?" I asked.

"Funny story. While we were playing truth and dare, I lied once to you guys. The question where you asked did, I ever hit my head, I said no. but I did when someone was giving me a rose and I had a small concussion and that's why no memory of it or things that happened before it. But now I remember, it was while entering the room, I did know that person but was surprised to see them. Then something hit her on the head and she too lost her memory. Regards, just kidding, it's a prank." Reagan read.

"We have never played truth and dare but she told something about lying to us." I said.

"Wait, I know what this means. Before Rose's murder, the killer hit Gabi on her head." Brandon said.

"And she did not remember anything that happened before because she had a concussion, but now she can remember what happened." Kio said.

"That was not difficult to figure out." Ryder said.

"Yeah" I said.

"But that does not explain why she would go out of her way to send us all emails." Sophia said.

"Because we have missed one important part. 'While entering the room' means when she entered the room, she saw someone she knew and was surprised seeing her but she then has said 'I too lost my memory'. Too? Who else lost their memory?" Kio asked.

Reagan had been quite and been staring at the email for like five minutes. She spoke up then.

"The email does not even have 50 words but she has made two paragraphs. Why?"

"Maybe it does not have to mean anything." Brandon said.

"But I think it does. I think that Gabi has written this from Rose's point of view. See because what connection would Gabi and the killer have, otherwise she would have outed him, right?" Reagan conveyed.

"Wow, you are smart." Ryder complimented.

"That does make sense." Brandon agreed.

"I think that's our best guess till now." I concurred.

"So, if Rose knew a person and was surprised to see them. It was definitely someone from their past. And today I was called for questioning, Fiona told me that Christian has gone to Dallas." Brandon added.

"All the leads are pointing to Dallas, which makes it more important for Brandon and me to go." I complained.

"So, WE are going to Dallas after all." Brandon announced not very gladly.

"You were as it is going as I had already sent emails to the companies and changed your names in the forms." Sophia declared.

"And when exactly were you planning to tell us about it?" Brandon asked.

"Exactly." I added.

"Right now." Sophia said looking away.

"OK, but I have no means of transport to reach there or a house to live in there." I said a little panicked.

"Reagan and I are going by a flight. But all the flight in those days are already full and staying in dorms provided by the college. In which we are still in the waiting list."

"So that rules out all the convenient means." I say now getting a lot more panicked.

"You could come with me in my jeep. It is only four hours away. I am staying at my mother's house. You could stay with us till then." Brandon said.

"Ok jeep is a good idea but your mother's house? I mean won't it bother her you bringing some girl to her house. And I don't want to intrude your guys' privacy either." I said a little awkwardly.

"Ok! Done with the formal talk? My mother won't mind as she is not going to be there. I don't know if I have mentioned this but she lives overseas since the idea of divorce. And you are not some girl." he said.

"Fine, I will stay with you until I find a dorm or an apartment." I said.

"Great then." he replied.

Author's Note- I am so sorry for posting after so long. I will try to be update more regularly. I hope you liked the chapter. Please vote, comment and share. Thank you so much for reading my book.

 Thank you so much for reading my book