CHAPTER 14 - A KISS? - PART 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE - I am so sorry for posting after so long. I will try to be more regular.

PETITION FOR ME TO POST REGULARLY (comment, if 6 people do, I will post regularly) --->

___________________

No! I knew and cared a lot to step out now.
___________________

VANESSA

Maybe I had overacted, maybe I had not but Brandon could not behave like that with me. If one thing I had learned from my past is that people couldn't treat me like a piece of shit. I am not saying Brandon was doing any that, just that I know my worth now.

Yeah, I know I was asking for help from someone I barely knew. Christian Obrien, the detective. But just because he genuinely wanted to help and also because I needed help.

So, I called him, he picked up after two rings. Not so busy after all.

"Hi Vanessa!" he said as if he was waiting for my call.

"Hi! The apartment you offered? Is it still available?" I asked awkwardly.

"As a matter of fact, it is. I just didn't think you would call so soon." He said a little concerned.

"Neither did I."

"Ok I will send you the address. You can come in the morning." he said.

"Actually, I was hoping if I could come right now." I asked him really hoping he would say yes.

"Umm ok. I will see you there then." he said as he was hanging up

"Christian?" I interrupted.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Thank you." I said.

"Not needed." he said and I let out a small smile even though he couldn't see it. Probably for the first time in the whole night.

I went to my room-Brandon's guest room to pack my stuff. Took me around twenty minutes. I was really hoping for Brandon to come and check on me, but he didn't. I wanted to say bye, but I didn't.

The apartment was at walking distance from Brandon's house about which I had mix feelings. That meant that I would run into him, but I wanted to run into him, but not just yet.

When I reached the apartment, Christian was standing outside.

"Hi, did I take a lot of time?" I asked him.

"No, not really, I came five minutes ago. Come on!" he said putting the keys into the door.

I stepped inside and looked around. The apartment was rather small, but just enough for me. It had wooden floors and a combined living room and kitchen. It had big windows and it gave me a feeling of home or close enough.

"I will help you unpack!" he said smiling.

"You have already done a lot for me. I am very grateful. I can tell by your face that you have had a very long day."

"Ok! But I am a call away. By the way I am living in the apartment above yours." he said walking out. I walked behind him to close the door. But he turned around just then. Our faces were just centimeters away. It was probably the first time I actually looked into Christian's eyes. He had eyes blue like the ocean when it sees it first ray of sunshine after a freezing winter. I will not lie, they were pretty. I could feel the tension, for a milli-second I thought we were going to kiss but then he turned his face away thankfully.

"My phone." he said moving back a step.

"Umm." I said looking around.

He pointed towards it and walked in again to take it.

"One more thing, I have to tell you a lot about the case." I said before he reached the lift.

"How about tomorrow morning at nine at the diner for breakfast." he said and I nodded my face slowly closing my door as I saw the elevator's door closing.

I played Taylor Swift and unpacked slowly. Everything that has happened in the past few months coming back to my brain.

My first time entering the dorm, meeting Reagan, meeting Brandon, seeing Rose dead, meeting Christian, Gabi asking me for help, the other five and I becoming close, us finding out stuff, Gabi sending us that email, agreeing to come to Dallas leaving my family, sharing a ride with Brandon, opening up to him, living in his house, go to a club with fake id's, wearing a tight dress, flirting with a bouncer, sitting in a police car, arguing with Brandon, fighting with him, getting kicked out of his house, living in an apartment suggested my by someone I hardly know, and being this close to kissing someone I barely knew.

And all of that for what? To solve a case for someone I had just met. Why, why? Why did I agree to do this? For what? But could I step out now? No! I knew and cared a lot to step out now.