CHAPTER 14 - A KISS?- PART 2

___________________

___________________

I have to move on.
___________________

BRANDON

"You?!" I exclaimed indicating by obvious surprise.

"Why are you so shocked? Is it that weird that I want to be a Doctor?" Nicoletta said.

"Uh-huh!" I said nodding.

"Hi dear! Your hand is bleeding a lot, we need to give a few stitches. So, sit there tight. It will pain." The main doctor said. His tone gave me the nerves. He then whispered something to Nicoletta and she nodded.

She came to me and told me to take a deep breath. I did. She then cleaned my wound as she removed pieces of glass from my hand. I shut my eyes to suppress the pain. It didn't help. She muttered, "It would have been easier for you if Vanessa was here." All I could do was stay silent.

"Now, Young man, may I ask you how did u hurt yourself?" The doctor said as he was doing something very scary with his hand, I think getting the needle for stitches ready. I didn't answer that.

"It will hurt but keep patience, it would be fast." the doctor said and I looked at Nicoletta. She held my other hand and squeezed it. I have no idea what made her do that but it was sweet of her. I just sat there wanting my life to end cause damn it, that hurt more that the mirror pieces in my hand. Two drops of tear came down my eyes. Everything that was happening was very overwhelming. And still all I wanted to do was to kiss Vanessa, just sit beside her.

"Done! You are strong my dear. Come back after a week." He said and then looked at our hands, the ones that were holding each other. Nicoletta let go fast.

"Thank you." I said giving a small smile.

"Take care Brandon." she said as she walked to the door. "Also, I might be pampered, but I am not a bad person." she remarked walking out.

I went home and dozed quite there, I woke at around 9, feeling very hungry, I got dressed and walked out to the diner for some dinner cause obviously I couldn't make myself food with my injured hand. I was walking, and I got this urge of calling Vanessa and of apologizing. I took out my phone out of my pocket and called her, it went to voicemail, that hardly ever happens. "Please call me whenever you get the time to." I said in the voicemail.

I entered the diner. There is no way, oh come on. I felt so dumb. Wow ok. A lot to process. Vanessa and Christian were sitting there laughing together. It looked almost like a date. Uh! I should have known; it was always him. I couldn't stand both seeing Vanessa with Christian. Vanessa looked at me, her smile disappeared. I shake my head and storm off. I have to move on.

I go to the hospital, in hopes of finding Nicoletta. I do find her.

"You were not supposed to come here until a week." She said.

"I am here because I need your help." I replied.

"I am actually going to eat dinner." she said.

"I will come along then." I said obliviously.

"Desperate much?" she teased.

"Its urgent."