CHAPTER 16- NEW SUSPECTS- PART 2

____________________

just for that evening, put a pause on that.
____________________

BRANDON

There I was sitting beside Nicoletta in this luxurious car wearing an extremely expensive tuxedo going to an extra special ball as VVIP. This day I was not expecting. We stepped on the red carpet as cameras flashed at our faces. They were clicking too many photos.

I was wearing this suit which had a little ancient touch, it was black with a white shirt and a silk silver tie. I felt too handsome. Nicoletta was wearing a white ball gown that had a corset top and silver embroidery all over. It was huge. Her hair was styled into silk curls. She looked stunning, no doubt. I mean she is a pretty person. But all I could imagine was Vanessa in that dress, how pretty she would be looking. But I decided to not think about her, just for that evening, put a pause on that.

"Miss Valencia, Is he your new boyfriend?" a reporter asked. All we did was smile and walk into the room. She asked me to wave my hands but obviously, I didn't do that.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Ready," she said locking her arms with me.

"Aww, Nicoletta darling, you look so beautiful." a lady in her forties said as she touched Nicoletta's cheek to her.

"Thank you so much, aunt. You look beautiful as well." Nicoletta replied.

"You must be Brandon. Kio has told me so much about you," she said. So that's Kio's mother. I smiled at her and bent my head a little.

"OK, now I get what you meant by extra special," I told Nicoletta looking at the grand hall and all the people wearing so expensive clothes.

"This is nothing, I thought a lot more people were going to come." She said walking to the front-most table.

"Wait, that's Jennifer Miles. I had the biggest celebrity crush on her when I was small." I said looking at the woman. She looked prettier in person.

"Do you want to talk to her?" Nicoletta asked and I smiled. We walked to her.

"Oh, hi Nicoletta. You look so beautiful." Jennifer said.

"You are the one to say. This is my friend Brandon." She said.

"Hi!" I said taking my hand out to shake it with her. I was honestly petrified.

"Nice to meet you," she said shaking her hands with me. I was going to faint for sure.

We then had a little food. And then for the main thing. Talking to the mayor.

"You know how the conversation has to go," I told.

"Yeah," she replied as we walked to him.

"Greetings, mister mayor. I am Mr. Valencia's daughter." She said smiling and giving out her hands to shake them.

"I know who you are. And Brandon, I didn't expect to see you here," he said smiling.

"Oh, you remember me," I said very weirded out.

"Of course, I loved Bryce. He was the perfect person for Rose. Quite the tragedy." he said with tears in his eyes.

"Yeah," I said.

"But I have a very trusted detective on the case so the criminal is soon going to behind the bars," he said. He was talking about that rigged Christian.

"Anyone, you think who is capable of that?" Nicoletta asked very abruptly. I gave her a stare.

"Umm, no. I have to go." Mayor said as he walked away.

"I am sorry," Nicoletta said.

"It's fine," I replied.

We never got the chance to talk to him for the rest of the evening. But I overheard him saying to his bodyguard to find Rose's brother. She had a brother? Oh, yes, she did. He left their house at the age of 18, around the time Rose and Bryce started dating. I never heard of him again. But I don't know why, I felt like we could find something new from him.

We went home and asked Sophia to find George Dankworth.