14. Pillow Talk..

Start from the beginning

I grabbed a pillow and covered my face, this is embarrassing. We did inappropriate things to each other and we liked it, a lot. Rashawn grabbed the pillow from me and layed between my legs. His face was on my upper thigh, just a few inches away from my...

"You don't wanna be with me so what we did is harmless"

"That's not true at all"

"So tell me how you feel then, Shawny's listening. By the way I like the way you whimper and whisper my name"

"Oh my gosh, can you not say things like that"

"Aww it's so adorable when you're embarrassed. No but seriously tell me how you're feelings. Do you think what took place between us could possibly ruin our friendship?"

I pulled the covers up once he moved to his side of the bed. If I had regret for what I did, I think it would change things big time. But I don't regret it, but at the same time, what about the kiss between me and Austin. What I'm doing is not okay to me, I'm entertaining my best friend and the guy I worked for. I was just texting Austin before I went to bed, which was also after Shawn and I messed around.

"I don't think so, we need to keep our relationship cute and classy or take it to another level. We can't do both and quite honestly I don't know which I want"

"See, that's the shit I'm talking about, either you feeling me like I'm  feeling you. Or you're trying to spare me the heartache, I'm a big boy I can take the truth. Stop going back and forth with me, you asked me what we're doing just to say that?"

"Okay, okay. There's another guy but I don't necessarily know how to tell him I'm not interested. So I've been.. Kind of entertaining the both of you, I do feel something when I'm with you. But I think we should wait and or take it very slow"

He placed both hands behind his head and stared up at the ceiling.

"Are you doing the same thing with him that you did with me last night?"

"No! I don't know him enough.. Its just been simple conversations and maybe a kiss. But I found out he's friends with King and I'm not about to start loving the crew."

"Delete his number.."

"Huh?"

"You heard right, delete his number. You aren't interested right? Stop talking to him, if you can do that then I'll believe what you said about us"

"Um okay"

I unlocked my phone, found Austin's number and deleted it. I mean there's no sense in leading him on if I'm no longer interested, right?

"Now what?"

"Follow your heart"

He closed his eyes leaving me to think about our little talk. Follow my heart..

:

Rashawn jogged ahead of me while trying his best to keep our hands locked together. I couldn't keep up with him so I stopped, he called himself jogging but he was actually running. I pulled away from him and dug into my pocket for my chap stick, I backed away from him laughing.

"Wait, let me put some chap stick on lips"

"You play too much, come on before we're late"

"Where are we rushing too anyway?"

"You wanted to see what I do so come on"

I sighed and rubbed my lips together, why'd I have to ask what he does? I'd rather stay in bed.. damn my big mouth. He hit the lock on his Lexus and opened the door for me, I thanked God he was driving. I seriously didn't wanna walk and I don't think I can stomach the smell of subway today.

"Why couldn't you just show me like a picture or something"

"It's not the same you really have to see it in person"

"But what do you do?"

"Can you just wait until we get there"

I shut my mouth and sat back, what could be so big that he won't tell me what he does or what were going to see until we get there?

About an hour into the drive I was ready to stop and get something to drink. Preferably an iced coffee but I was advised to stay away from caffeine.

"You know. A vanilla bean coolatta would be good right now, you know since we're taking this drive and all. And maybe a glazed donut too, but that's just what I think.."

"Damn girl you seen that Dunkin Donuts sign all the way back here?"

We both busted out laughing, I did but that's not the point. I skipped breakfast thinking this drive would be super quick. I figured I'd be back in my bed by now, however that's not the case. I also noticed we're entering Long island, this is too far from Brooklyn for me.

"I'm really thirsty, I need to stay hydrated remember"

"Yeah with water not sweet drinks, I'm not a fool but I'll get you your drink"

He stopped and bought me both my drink but instead of a donut he made me get a dry ass, nasty ass, egg white sandwich on a wheat english muffin. I absolutely hate english muffins, what the hell am I gonna do with an egg. No half and egg and a dry piece of this ugly ass muffin. I might choke eating the damn thing, I outta toss the shit out the window. If only he knew how bad I was side eyeing him, this is just disrespectful.

"Can I have some jelly, honey, a piece of sausage or something. This shit is dry, how can you eat this?"

"It's healthy, drink your little iced drink each bite"

"I did the first bite and it still almost got stuck in my throat"

He started laughing and pulled up to a house that was just about finished. It's very nice, but what does this have to do with his job..

"I'm an architect, I travel and over see projects. This is one that I've been working on the past two and a half years"

"Its beautiful, looks very expensive. What do you normally do when it's done? Do they sell fast?"

"Depends, most of the time were designing and building for the land owner. Which is who the house is for once it's done. I've done a few commercial and rental properties as well"

"So who's this house for? Someone wealthy, a celebrity?"

"I started it when I realized I left a good thing back in New York. I promised myself that I'd come back once it was done and take claim of what I wanted. Its almost done but I haven't been able to lock you down just yet"

I swallowed hard, did he just say..

"M-me? You started this for me?"

"For us"