.ten.

It's raining hard. It's pouring. The air is humid and stuffy, causing people to walk around under their umbrellas in summer clothing, even with falling water. 

I sigh and take another bite of my ice cream, sitting on the stairs leading up to the side door of the cafe. 

"You look miserable." 

Feet stop in front of me and I lift my gaze to look up at a smiling Hyunsoo. "What do you want?" 

He waves his hand, gesturing for me to move over to the side, but I just continue staring at him. Hyunsoo sighs and takes a seat on the lower step. "I'm bored and friendless." 

My shoulders lift in a careless shrug and I take another sad bite of ice cream. "Go bother Yuna." 

Hyunsoo's lips pucker into a pout. "She's out with her boyfriend." 

"Sucks." 

With a grunt I stand up onto my feet and head back inside the cafe. Without looking back, I know Hyunsoo is trailing close behind. 

"Hyunsoo!" My dad spots the tall man behind me and he immediately lights up. "How are you, son?" 

Hyunsoo bows and gives a cheeky grin. "I'm doing well. And you?" 

"Good good. Have you eaten lunch yet? We can offer a couple of sandwiches on the house." 

"Appa," I complain, "we can't give Hyunsoo free food every time he comes over." 

"And why not?" 

I turn around and smirk up at his attractive face. "Because I don't like you that much. Go get yourself a girlfriend that also runs a cafe and ask her for free food instead." 

Hyunsoo laughs and pulls out his wallet. "I will take a bit of food, but I'm a little scared of your daughter, so I think I might have to pay." 

I scrunch my face and give Hyunsoo a look. "You're scared of someone twenty centimeters shorter than you? That's a little concerning." 

"Honestly, can't really blame him, Hana. You can be really terrifying at times." 

I whip back around and pout at my dad. "Why does no one ever take my side?" 

Hyunsoo laughs behind me and I feel a hand ruffle my hair. "But you're adorable the other half of the time so it balances out." 

I roll my eyes and throw out the paper container holding the remaining droplets of melted ice cream. "Whatever. Just take your food and leave." 

"Someone's in a mood today," my dad mutters under his breath. 

Hyunsoo grumbles in agreement and if I had the energy to, I would have come up with some snarky comment, but again, I don't have the energy to. My hands lift to pull my hair out of a ponytail as I walk into the kitchen. 

With another dramatic sigh, my back slides against wooden cabinets and my knees give out to sit down on the cold, tiled floor. Hands run through hair and eyes close shut, another slow breath escaping my lungs. 

In this squatted position, I'm even more conscious of the size of my thighs, and I feel my stomach fold in rolls from the bent-over posture. Both hands flit up to my neck and my fingers press against my shoulders, searching for the hidden collar bones. My clothes are tighter. I can feel the fabric stretched across my arms and the waistline of my shorts just barely keeping together. 

I had broken my fast today with the ice cream. I promised myself I would eat clean, but with the gloomier attitude I had woken up with today, at that moment, I thought it would have be fine. At that moment, I told myself I deserved a break from the restricting. So here I am now, regretting that single moment of weakness that has now disrupted my entire schedule for this week.