.eight.

The smell of the cookies is the only thing I can focus on. As Seokjin talks, my gaze flicks back and forth between him and the cookies cooling in front of us. 

"Hana?" 

At the sound of my name, I look up with raised eyebrows. "Yeah?" 

Seokjin blinks at me and laughs. "The cookies aren't going anywhere." 

"Maybe. But I'm not eating them right now, am I? Do you think they're ready?" I poke the cookies carefully. The baked dough bends in softly at the touch and the mere texture makes my mouth water. 

"Are you usually this impatient?" 

I don't bother looking up at Seokjin and continue to follow through with my analysis. "With food? Yes. Of course." Carefully, my hands scoop up a baked circle, the warm temperature resting in the palm of my hand. 

"Are you sure? Maybe you should let them cool for a little longer. It's only been a few minutes." 

Finally, my eyes look up to meet Seokjin's. His eyes squint together as he greets me with a smile. "Hang on. Give me a second." Seokjin shifts and rummages through his pockets to pull out his phone. My eyes widen when he holds up the device and then eyebrows furrow together in a scowl when I hear the camera shutters. Seokjin captures the frown as well. Squeaky laughter erupts from Seokjin once he takes a look at my unamused face. "Come on, Love. Just one smile. Please?" 

I look to my left as I think. "What do I get out of this?" 

Seokjin's grin grows. "I'll grant you another wish." 

At that I burst into laughter. "You're really going to turn into a genie at this point." 

He joins me in laughter. "Only for you. So? Just one smile. Please?" 

I stare at him, a smile still controlling my lips. "Don't play dumb. I know you muted your phone and already took pictures of me laughing." I watch in fascination as blood rushes to Seokjin's ears, causing a gradual shift from a peachy cream to a bright scarlet. 

"But those were candid photos. I just want a simple, casual smile." 

With a grin, I lay out my palm with the cookie flat out next to my face, almost like I was in some sort of advertisement. Soft chuckles leave Seokjin as he continues snapping away. Done with posing for the camera, I bring the cookie to my mouth and bite in. The second I do, I know I should have listened to Seokjin. 

An anguished cry stems at the root of my throat and I tilt my head back, opening my mouth to pant. I try to keep the cookie away from the middle of my tongue to keep it from burning. In front of me, Seokjin is loudly laughing, capturing my less-than-attractive moment through his phone. Finally, the dough in my mouth has cooled enough for me to finish chewing and swallowing. When I tilt my head back down, I shoot daggers at Seokjin who is still trying to gather himself together. 

"I did warn you, Love." 

"Yes, you did. Although, Love, it would have been nicer if you had gotten me a glass of water." 

A gleam makes Seokjin's eyes shine as he continues laughing. "You're right. Should I get you some water now?" 

I set down the other half of the bitten cookie and adjust my glasses. "I despise you." 

"I love me more." 

I just shake my head and stand up from the table to fetch myself a glass of milk. "Have you ever realized that we cook bacon but bake cookies? So technically, shouldn't we call them "cookon" and "bakies"?" It was something I had realized ever since I was young and the thought had never left me since. 

Seokjin laughs and stands up from the table as well to join me in the kitchen. "Is this what you think about in your free time?" 

After drinking some milk, I set down the cup and flash Seokjin a smile. "Of course. You don't?" 

A soft smile appears on his lips and he slightly shakes his head. Seokjin reaches for a napkin and steps closer to me. Too close. The sweet, woody smell that my brain has automatically grown to recognize as Seokjin hits me once again and all rational thoughts fly out the door. A napkin lifts and dabs gently across my upper lip. "You got a little milk left over," he says, laughing while looking down at me. 

"Thank you," I draw out sarcastically. I'm met with more laughter. 

I smile up at him, but all muscles lose energy when fingers brush over my collarbones. Or at least, where my collarbones would be if I was actually the weight everyone else in society strived to be. Suddenly, I'm self-conscious of my absence of bones. 

"Vacuum?" 

My eyes blink in confusion up at an unreadable expression. Seokjin is smiling, but the warmth doesn't quite reach his eyes. "What?" 

His eyes lift to meet mine and he smirks. "I'm assuming the vacuum slipped and somehow reached your neck?" The pad of a thumb gently presses against the edge of my left collarbone and I know that he's spotted my bruise. 

My lips lift into a smirk and I stare into Seokjin's eyes. "We can go with that story." 

He nods stiffly, and steps away. For whatever reason, I'm left disappointed and wanting him close again. "I'm sorry. I wasn't aware you had a boyfriend." 

His walls are back up again, and I feel him growing more distant. I know he's regretting every moment where he might have been a little more flirty and I can't help but smile at the obvious evidence of his morals and chivalrous side. 

At that moment, a knock sounds on my door and I walk over to open it. My lips immediately lift into a smile at the attractive man in front of me.

//

Just to clear up any assumptions, all dad jokes and funny shower thoughts are not original by me. I wish I had that kind of wit, geez, but yeah, the internet is a powerful place.