it'll be alright

————- ✼ ————-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

        I sighed as I slowly pulled us out of hyperspace. It had been a few hours since we had entered hyperspace, and everything had sunken in. I hadn't reached out to anyone through the force, wanting to be alone with my thoughts. 

Liadra had mostly stayed quiet, aside from some side chatter with Kiaran, who was looking both immensely relieved and stressed at the same time. He had no idea where we were going, but he was happy that he was finally free.

Ki, however, knew that his mother was back on the Supremacy. But he had been trapped there. He was never allowed to leave, and this was his only chance. Of course, he would take it. If asked a million times, he would've said yes every single time.

I, however, didn't feel much better. It still felt as though the dagger in my heart had been pushed even further with each passing second. I took in a deep shaky breath as Ajan Kloss came into view. The planet was beautiful, with jungles and glimmering masses of water that you could even see from space.

I stared nervously out at the planet, running a hand through my knotted hair.

I was only momentarily distracted by its beauty before reaching out into the force weakly. I felt Rey and immediately grabbed onto her force signature, trying to relay the fact that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to shoot down our shuttle.

Rey, I'm on the shuttle, don't shoot. I whispered into her mind, my voice shaky. 

Great y/n! See you both in a minute. She chirped. A fresh new wave of tears overcame me as I pulled my hand away to rub my eyes.

I slowly guided our ship to the base, eventually landing it down onto one of their makeshift landing pads. I could see Rey, Leia, and... 

Luke. 

My eyes widened. The last time I had seen him in person was the day before the destruction of the temple, which was more than a decade ago.

Several tears leaked from my eyes as I glanced over at Liadra, who was already looking over at me in sympathy, reaching out and holding my hand gently. "It'll be alright, I'm here." She whispered, gracefully reaching over and pressing the ramp opener. I stood up slowly as the ramp hissed open, puffs of smoke protruding from inside. I gulped, wiping away the tear tracks on my cheeks.

Lia was on the right beside me, pulling me along as we made our way down the ramp. Kiaran was on my left, hovering a hand behind my back for support. I gave them a small smile, thankful for their help. As soon as I saw Rey, Luke, and Leia, I burst into tears. They all looked so hopeful, so optimistic. They believed in me. Rey immediately ran over to my sobbing form on the ground, sitting down next to me as she comforted me. 

"Y/n! What happened?" She asked in confusion.

I shook my head sadly, looking into her eyes. She quickly understood, biting her lip. I felt a hand on my shoulder and glanced over to see Leia kneeling too, Luke standing by her side. "Leia," I whispered, crying even harder. "I-I'm so sorry. I couldn't bring him back. H-He wouldn't come with me. I failed..." I sobbed, putting my face in my hands.

She shushed me softly, gently pulling my hands away from my face. "You tried your best, y/n, and I'm forever grateful that you did." She comforted, taking my hand in hers and giving it a firm squeeze. "I've missed you, Leia," I whispered, looking into her comforting brown eyes. 

"What about me?" Luke asked sarcastically, looking down at me in mock-offense. 

I chuckled, wiping tears from my eyes.