please don't try to find it

————- ✼ ————-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I sighed, sitting down next to Liadra in the mess hall. She was chattering about how thrilled she was to finally have a girl friend on the ship, to which I smiled. I smirked at her, a question popping into my mind. 

"So, Lia, do you like anyone? I mean honestly, you're surrounded by boys here. There has to be someone special!" I urged her, resting my chin on my hand as I waited for her reply. She glanced at me casually, not taken by surprise with the question.

"Well everyone here generally has a pretty chill vibe, though some people seem to be on some different shit, but," She began. I stopped her with a chuckle, shaking my head.

"No, I meant is there anyone you like," I added suggestively with a wink. Her eyes widened as a faint pink spread across her cheeks. "So there is someone!" I exclaimed with excitement, leaning in further. 

"Fine! I'll tell you." She grumbled, a smile still present on her face.

"Well I've liked him for a long time, but I've only talked to him a few days ago." She spoke quietly, peering around to see if anyone was listening. "Ohhh who is it?" I asked, holding my breath. She glanced down before looking back into my eyes. 

"It's the General. Hux." She whispered, causing my eyes to double in size. 

"Hux?!" I screeched, causing several people to stare over at us. She glared at me, nodding quickly.

"Yes, l/n?" I heard from behind me. I could recognize that accent anywhere. 

My head snapped around as I tried to play it casually. "Oh shit, uh, hello Hux!" I greeted, trying my hardest not to bust out laughing. He shot me a look of slight concern before his eyes shifted over to Liadra.

She seemed to be frozen in place. I started to smirk. 

Time to play matchmaker. 

"Hux, do you remember Liadra from a few days ago when I almost died?"I asked cheerfully, grabbing his arm and shoving him closer to her. 

He gave me a weird look as he nodded, directing his attention back towards Liadra.

"I believe that we've not been formally introduced. General Armitage Hux." He announced proudly with a small smile on his face. He stuck out his hands towards Liadra, who gradually stood up from her chair.

She gently shook his hand, never breaking eye contact with him. "It's a pleasure to meet you General, I'm Liadra Runarian." She replied, her voice calmer and more collected than I thought. I smirked from a few feet away from them with my arms crossed in a satisfied manner as I watched the exchange. 

I watched as Hux gently let go of her hand, giving her one last look before turning to me. "I just got out of a rather interesting meeting with yours truly. For once in his life, he's in a good mood." He spoke with a slightly disbelieving look on his face as if he couldn't remember the last time Kylo was in a good mood.

Maybe he couldn't. This has to be good.

I smiled up at Hux. "Thanks, Hux. You should get to know Liadra. She's marvelous and cares about the First Order a lot. I think you would like her." I added hopefully. Hux nodded and glanced in her direction. 

"Very well, y/n, thank you." I nodded goodbye before turning back to Liadra.

She still seemed like she was in shock with what had just happened, but quickly regained her composure. She squealed happily, fluttering her hands in excitement. "You suck but I love you!" She exclaimed, skipping over to me. I stared at her in amusement before grabbing her hand.

"I'm so happy for you, Lia!" I exclaimed, pulling her out of the mess hall and into the hallway. We had been in the mess hall for around an hour, and Liadra needed to get back to work. 

"I'll see you very soon, Liadra. Good luck with Hux!" I said, squeezing her hand. She looked at me with happy eyes. "Thank you so much y/n! We need to have lunch again very soon!" She exclaimed. I nodded. 

"By the way, Hux regularly stays towards the starboard side of the ship," I whispered quickly with a laugh before running down the halls before she could say anything else.

I needed to find Kylo, interested to see if Hux was right about his supposed "good mood". I fixed my hair from its bun and let it fall down my back. I swiftly made my way towards our shared quarters, using the force to open the door. 

It opened to reveal a maskless Kylo. My eyes widened as I noticed a smile on his face.

In one swift motion, he rushed towards me and picked me up, lifting me into the air. I squealed as he did so, gazing down at him with a cheeky smile. He seemed just as happy as he brought me down so that we were face-to-face, kissing me. 

My hands instinctively made their way to his hair before I pulled away to take in a deep breath. "Eager much?" I chuckled, resting a hand on his cheek. He laughed, gazing back into my eyes.

"We have a source, y/n. A source as to where one of the Wayfinders is." He exclaimed, causing me to narrow my eyes in confusion. 

"What's a Wayfinder?" I asked skeptically, trying to keep my cool. 

I know exactly what that it is, and please Kylo, please don't try to find it. 

"It's a navigator, and it leads straight to Exegol, a Sith planet." He announced, staring at me proudly to see my reaction. A fake smile grew on my face as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. 

Things are about to get a lot more difficult. 

"Kylo that's fabulous! How did you find this out?" I asked, not really knowing what to say.

"It was one of the rebels, they confirmed that Palpatine is back, along with a location of where one of the Wayfinders is." He answered assuredly. I gazed at him with a huge fake grin, remembering that Luke had told me when we spoke. 

He can't find that Wayfinder. No matter what, y/n, you can't let him get it. 

"What are you going to do?" I asked hesitantly, my fingers fidgeting behind my back. Kylo stared down at me, his grin fading slightly.

"I need to leave, as soon as I can. I need to find the Wayfinder and Palpatine." He explained solemnly, most of the joy leaving his voice. I nodded glumly, resting my head on his chest.

"When are you leaving?" I whispered, almost scared of his answer. "Early tomorrow morning. I need to find it as soon as possible." He answered unhappily. I nodded, several tears gathering in my eyes. I knew that I had survived without him all of those years back on Naboo, but things were different now. I needed him to be with me. To protect him.

I wasn't even upset that he was leaving, although it sucked. I hated that he had found it. He had done the very thing that Master Luke said he would do, and even worse, Master Luke trusted me to stop him. But now he was unstoppable. He was going to get the Wayfinder and find Palpatine. And what could I do about it?

I stared down at my shoes, taking in a slightly shaky breath, gaining his attention. He gently raised my head to look at me, his brows furrowing. "It's okay, love. I'll be back before you know it. I'll only be gone for a day and a half." He whispered, eyes staring into my glossy ones. 

I nodded, gazing back up into his face. "Who's going with you?" I mumbled, fiddling with a strand of his hair.

"A few of the Generals, and of course several Stormtrooper squadrons. They'll report back to the ship before I get back." He said nonchalantly. My eyes widened slightly. "What squadrons?" I asked quickly. He looked up at me in confusion before answering. 

"I believe squadrons LO, FX, & AK." He said slowly. I attempted not to look panicked as I nodded heartily. 

Leo.

"Okay. I'll miss you." I said with a chuckle. He gazed at me with his hazel brown eyes glistening. "I love you, y/n." He whispered, luring me into another kiss.

                                            ————- ✼ ————-