kiaran

Leo.

                                 ————- ✼ ————-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I quickly ran down the hallway, dodging officers and other staff as I raced towards Phasma's station. My mind was too jumbled to sense Leo's force signature if he was even alive. I immediately spotted Phasma staring down at her datapad. 

"LO-5531!" I quipped, bouncing on my feet impatiently as I screeched to a halt, staring at Phasma with wide eyes.

She seemed briefly stunned, pointing towards the direction of the mess hall. Breakfast, of course! I concluded, quickly thanking Phasma as I raced down the halls towards the mess hall.

I paused at the entrance, glancing around the mess hall, urgently scanning the crowd. Only moments later, I spotted familiar strawberry blonde hair. I laughed in relief, feeling a large amount of stress fall from my shoulders. 

He turned around slowly, feeling eyes staring into the back of his head. Once he noticed it was me, he smiled, giving me a funny look, almost as if to say 'betcha can't believe that I didn't die!'.

I chuckled, immediately running to him.

As soon as he was finger length away from me, I engulfed him in a bear hug. I could feel his arms wrap around my waist as he returned the hug. "Leo," I whispered, squeezing him tighter. "You didn't die!" I laughed cheerfully, knowing full well that a lot of stormtroopers don't usually make it back from the war.

"I don't think so, l/n." He said, glancing down at himself with a laugh as we both pulled away. There was a small scrape on his cheek, catching my attention. It was fairly deep, but nothing that I couldn't fix myself.

"You used the techniques I taught you?" I asked hopefully, noticing that besides the cut, he was generally in good condition. He nodded assuredly, his head held high with pride.

"Good. Now let me fix that cut on your cheek." I spoke enthusiastically, pulling him towards the nearest chair. He stared up at me in confusion, staring at my hands to see if I was holding a needle or gauze. "I didn't know you knew how to give stitches!" He exclaimed, smiling as he settled down.

I shook my head. "I don't. But, I can force heal you." I explained, motioning to his cut. A glimpse of concern flashed across his blue eyes. "B-But last time..." He began, remembering how drained I was last time after using the force.

"It's only a simple cut, Leo. I'm not going to get drained from it." I reassured, gently placing two fingers over the cut. He nodded unsurely, wincing slightly as my fingers came into contact with his open wound. 

"Why didn't you go to the Medical Wing?" I asked curiously. "It was late and I was tired." He replied. I nodded with a smirk. 

That sounded like something that I would do, too.

I smiled in satisfaction a few moments later as I pulled my fingers away to reveal that his cheek was completely healed, no trace of there ever even being a wound there.

He brought his finger up to his cheek, grazing the spot where the cut used to be. He stared up at me in shock. "I-It's gone." He stated, pulling his fingers away. "Well, I should hope so!" I responded with a small laugh. He grinned too, motioning for me to sit next to him. 

"So where's Red?" I asked curiously, peering over to see Red's normal seat baron. "I think he slept in late. Phasma's been working us harder than usual, but I don't know why." He shrugged, eating some of the food from his tray. I nodded slowly, still gazing at his empty seat.