these ties that bind

Please come back.

                                          ————- ✼ ————-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I groaned as I heard a knock, slowly squinting open my eyes as I lifted my head from the pillow. 

Wow, my brain feels like it weighs a hundred pounds.

I still had a pounding headache, but the medicine that Lia gave me had helped immensely. "L/n, get your unfortunate ass out of bed!" A voice commanded through from the other side of the door. I yelled in response, not bothering to form a sentence or reply with a witty insult. It was too early for this. I huffed, unwillingly hopping out of the warm bed and opening the door with a sigh.

I glanced up to see Hux standing with a dull expression on his face, his arms folded behind his back. "Ren will be arriving shortly, I advise you to come with me to...uh...break the news." He stated grimly, motioning for me to follow him towards the hangar bay. "Ahem, Hux. If you don't mind, I'm going to change. My "unfortunate ass" is still wearing PJ's." I replied, turning around and shutting the door before he could respond.

I had changed into PJ's to take a nap, which apparently confused Hux. Not everyone sleeps here, I guess. But then again, Hux is a very rare breed.

"You have three minutes or I'll leave without you." I heard from the other side of the door. I smirked. 

That wouldn't be such a bad thing. Once I was done getting ready I opened the door, counting precisely nine seconds left under three minutes. Hux was waiting impatiently, having had knocked on my door every ten seconds to alert me of how much of his time I was wasting.

I huffed, throwing my head back in protest. "He's going to be so mad, Hux!" I whined. 

"And that'll be for you to deal with, l/n." He replied with a shrug. I scoffed, crossing my arms as I glared at him. "Why do you always call me l/n? Crazily enough I actually do have a first name."

He shrugged again, rolling his eyes as though this were the most pointless conversation he'd ever had. "I address all staff members and affiliates aboard this ship by their last name." 

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "That's dumb, Hux. Plus, we're friends, right? You can call me y/n." I watched as his grimace morphed into a look of disgust and repulsion. "Yes, I guess if you would consider the mutual hatred that we both feel for each other as friendship." He replied, turning and walking down the halls before I could say anything in response.

I stood frozen for a second, unsure of what he had meant by that. Were we friends or not?

Whatever.

I felt bad for Kylo. I didn't know if he actually had the Wayfinder or not, but coming back to a lot of bad news might put him in a dangerous mood.

I trudged behind Hux, occasionally rubbing my throbbing temple with my fingertips. A short time later, we arrived at the hangar bay. "Sir, the Supreme Leader's ship is two minutes out." An officer called to Hux, bowing courteously to both of us. 

Hux nodded, grabbing my arm and pulling me in front of one of the landing spots. He then turned around swiftly and stared at me dead in the eyes.

"Y/n, listen. I want you to make sure that he doesn't destroy any of my control panels, okay? You're the only one who he won't kill from attempting to stop his adolescent behaviors." He whispered urgently, annoyance lacing his tone as he thought about his precious control panels being destroyed due to Kylo's poor temper.