everything in between

————- ✼ ————-

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I glanced around the room frantically, taking in another deep breath as I sat up in the bed. Glancing down, I didn't hesitate to yank the IV out of my arm, along with all of the wires sticking to my forehead. Nobody was in the small room apart from a nurse who was reading over a health chart. 

Then suddenly, I felt it. 

A pull in my chest, guiding me outside and down the hall. I quickly and unsteadily stood up, racing out of the room. I quickly made my down the near-empty halls, following the pull in my chest. I probably looked like a lunatic running through the halls in a hospital gown and socks.

And son of a mudscruffer, It's more freezing than fucking Hoth.

And suddenly it stopped. I halted in my tracks, turning around. There, at the end of the hallway, stood Ben Solo, or Kylo Ren.

Moondust. 

Through the tears collecting in my eyes, I smiled. For the first time in so long, it was genuine. It was the feeling of finally being whole again, a feeling that I hadn't felt since the temple. 

He quickly took off his helmet, revealing his teary eyes and hesitant expression. 

We locked eyes for what seemed like forever before I made a move. I could feel myself running towards him, not breaking eye contact. I jumped up, wrapping my arms around his neck, and his arms immediately wrapped around my waist.

He stumbled back a few steps from the impact. I was breathing heavily, and I could feel his rapid heartbeat against my chest.

"Ben." I whispered. 

His smile grew, and he hugged me even tighter. I pulled back for a second, cupping his face with my hands as I sniffled. 

"It's been a while, hasn't it, Ben?" I whispered as I delicately traced his cheekbones with my fingers. He leaned into my touch before kissing me again. At that moment, I didn't care. 

I didn't care about anything else except for Ben.

𝙆𝙮𝙡𝙤'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

For the first time in a long time, I felt happy. I was happy. I pulled away from the kiss, staring at her beautiful face. The way her shining e/c eyes gazed into mine, just like back at the temple. The natural blush on her cheeks gave me such a nostalgic feeling. She was stunning. 

"Space angel." I whispered, holding her close to my chest. "Moondust." She whispered back, taking in a deep breath.

After all this time, we were together again. "Nothing can separate us now," I promised her, playing with a loose strand of her hair.

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I just wanted to hug him forever. I knew that once we let go of each other, we'd have to work everything out. 

What was going to happen now?  

I took in a deep breath as I gently pulled away from Kylo's embrace. I gazed into his eyes, unsure of what to do now. He grabbed my hand and led me away from the cold and dark hallway.

I had decided that it would be best if I called him Kylo. It might help me to embrace the person he was now. Whoever that might be.

Once we had made it back to his room, we both stayed silent for a few minutes. We just looked into each others' eyes, almost as if all of the answers would reveal themselves by staring hard enough. 

"What are we going to do now?" I asked him. He glanced away for a second, lost in thought. "All of this is up to you. Do you want to stay here?" He asked cautiously, almost scared of what I would say. I already knew the answer to that question. 

"Of course." I nodded, grabbing his hand. "If you're to stay here, we should finish your training." He asked, with a bit of excitement lacing his tone. I smiled brightly. 

"Fine by me." I responded. "Once the Padawan, now the Master."

We stayed silent for several minutes, getting used to each other's presence once more. There were a lot of conversations to be had between the two of us, but that could wait for another time. 

It had been a long day, and we were both extremely tired. 

I yawned, causing Kylo to pull away and look down at me. He narrowed his eyes slightly. "I can sleep on the couch tonight if you're not comfortable with us sleeping in the same bed again yet." He spoke.

I bit my lip, nodding slightly. "It might be best for tonight. Thank you." I murmured, causing him to nod in agreement. He brushed his thumb along my cheek, leading it down my neck to my shoulder, smiling slightly. "Don't freeze during the night." He snickered, noticing the goosebumps on my shoulder.

I chuckled, shoving his hand off of me. "As if. I've survived worse than fifty-five degrees Fahrenheit." I retorted, crossing my arms.

Kylo's smile faltered slightly as he leaned closer, placing a fleeting kiss on my forehead. "I'm sure you have." He whispered. And suddenly, his eyes began to look more tired than before and his smile appeared to be causing him a lot of effort to maintain.

"Good night, Kylo."

"Good night, love."

𝙆𝙮𝙡𝙤'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I couldn't believe this.

What would happen now? 

And then a new thought made its way into my mind. 

She didn't know. She didn't know that I was the one who was responsible for the fall of the temple. That night, when I found her on the ground, she was with someone. She was with Voe. Her best friend, who died. What would she think of me when she learned that I was responsible for the death of Voe. 

I was the one who killed her. 

It was me

I glanced back over at Y/n, who was already asleep. She looked so peaceful, with her lips slightly parted as light snores escaped them. 

I sat up slightly on the uncomfortable couch on the other side of the room, using my cape as a blanket. This couch was obviously made for aesthetics, and the rough leather was terribly irritating.

So much time had passed, but it felt like we had never been separated. I really didn't know what to feel at that moment. I was so grateful that she was back, with me, where she belonged. 

This was where she belonged, right?

This all felt like a dream, but I knew better than to believe it was. 

Was she really here?

I knew better than to believe that this was one of Snoke's mind tricks, but I couldn't help overthinking it. I was trained to overthink everything, and this was no exception. 

I almost couldn't believe it. 

Almost.

                                           ————- ✼ ————-