let me go

————- ✼ ————-

𝙆𝙮𝙡𝙤'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

                I watched as Naomi pulled y/n into a firm hug, peering at me from over y/n's shoulder. Her eyes narrowed in curiosity, letting go of y/n and making her way over to me. I glanced over at y/n with wide eyes, who was snickering at my reaction. 

"And who are you, handsome?" Naomi purred, poking my bicep. 

Fuck. What do I say? Who am I supposed to be, exactly? 

I panicked. We hadn't thought about that. 

"Uhh..." I started before y/n rushed over to me and grabbed my arm.

"This is Ben Solo, my boyfriend." She announced casually. My eyes widened at the title, slightly cringing. Naomi furrowed her brows in confusion as she turned to stare at y/n. 

"What about Dash?" She asked, seemingly bewildered. I furrowed my brows, turning to face y/n, watching her eyes widen in what could only be described as remembrance and regret.

Yeah, and who the fuck is Dash?

"Who is Dash?" I asked, turning to face her with my arms crossed, interested to hear her answer as my confusion slowly started to shift into annoyance.

𝙮/𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

My eyes widened as Naomi mentioned Dash. Dash was one of my oldest friends. He was the first person I become close to on Naboo. When I first worked in the cantina, Dash was like my mentor. He taught me how to make special requests. 

We were around the same age, and we eventually became friends.

He was the only person besides Naomi that I knew. He asked me out on a date, and I gratefully accepted. We have been dating for a few months, but obviously, now I had to end it. 

Oh shit. I forgot about that. 

For some reason, I had hoped that I wouldn't run into any of my old friends on our visit to Naboo. And somehow, I knew we would. 

The key to letting things go was to hide away from them or push them away. No matter how much I wanted to see all of them, it would be easier if I didn't, even if it hurt.

I took in a deep breath before answering Kylo and Naomi. I turned to Kylo first. 

"Dash Farlando is, or was, my boyfriend. We worked together and eventually became close. We've been dating for several months." I muttered to him, lowering my voice in the last part. His face seemed to morphe from confusion to jealousy to anger. I bit the inside of my cheek at his reaction, not knowing what to say.

"Do you love him?" He asked blatantly. I stared up at him, rolling my eyes.

He can't be kriffing serious. The nerve of this boy.

"Hey. That's not fair, Ben. I didn't know you even existed until a few days ago." I answered sternly, trying to reason with him. He seemed satisfied with my answer but still tugged me closer to his side, keeping me tightly in his grasp.

I squirmed slightly, but only to make a point.

I then looked at Naomi. "Do you know where Dash is? I was coming here to break it off with him. I feel bad about it, but I can't just drag him along when I'm with Ben." Naomi nodded in understanding, lost in thought.