이십삼- Chapter 23

The week went by slowly

The week went by slowly. Most of it was spent by practicing with Haru. We both wanted to move up at least one chair on the chair test in the new semester, so we both powered through. My wrist hasn't felt any better, but luckily it hasn't gotten worse. There's been a few times where my fingers wouldn't respond well, so I settled by studying the sheet music instead.

Minjun has been over more often. He's been laying around our apartment while Haru and I practiced. He sometimes brought us coffee or food when we were both too immersed in our music to think about anything else. We hadn't talked much since the incident last week, but I felt like he didn't want to talk or mention it, so I left it alone.

Bun had been busy filming and recording in L.A. He was only gone for a week, but I already missed him lazing around the apartment and his bickering with Haru. We had movie nights without him, but it honestly sucked. It wasn't because it was just with Haru, but because it felt empty. I asked how Haru felt halfway through the movie and she agreed with me. So we ended up just talking and enjoying our night in another way.

I also haven't had much time to talk to Bun either. I'd get cute Snapchats from all the boys and that always made me smile, but I missed going to their dance practices and going out to eat with them. When Bun had the evenings off, I'd get up early so we could play a few games of League together. I decided to stay away from streaming until I had the last meeting with BigHit. I've also stayed off of social media since everyone had been freaking out about it. Besides that, I have uploaded a few piano covers to YouTube, but I haven't dared to look at the comments. I used to love replying to as many people as possible, but I couldn't take the hate that was undeniably in the comments.

On Friday morning, I got up early to get ready to head to BH. This was my first time going to the building by myself and it was a little intimidating. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and saw my bright blue eyes glitter with uncertainty. I took a deep breath and raised my chin a little. "You got this," I said to my reflection. I jumped when my phone started ringing and saw Yoongi's name flash on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Melody. How are you?" he asked, his voice sounding tired.

"I'm okay. Do you need anything?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay before you had the meeting. You'll be in it by yourself, so all of us are a little worried."

"All of you?"

I hear a beep and see that he wants to video chat. I accepted and saw seven pairs of eyes staring back at me. As soon as I saw all of them, a huge grin spread on my face, "Hi guys!"

"Hey, Mel!" they all yelled back.

"How's L.A?"

"Exhausting. I'm tired of speaking English all day," Taehyung said.

"Come on, guys. It's not that hard," I said in English.

"Mel, please don't," Hobi said.

I couldn't help but laugh before Yoongi got my attention again, "We better let you go so you're not late. Just stand your ground like you did last time. I will say that it will go a lot better than last time, so don't be nervous."