십이 -Chapter 12

When you grow up in a small town, there aren't many parties you can have without someone's parents knowing. So usually when we partied, it was in a field in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes, we would get lucky, and some parents would leave for the weekend, and their fridge would be stocked with wine coolers and beers. Then we would have a bonfire and sit around it and just talk until the sun came up. I've never had hard liquor before.

That was until this very moment.

Minjun and I clinked our shots, and I let the liquid slide down my throat. It burned like crazy, and I grabbed the lime provided as fast as I could.

"You act as if you've never had a shot before!" Minjun yelled over the loud music that was booming through the club.

"I haven't! I've only drunk wine coolers," I yelled back.

"Well then, let's take a few more. Then we can dance!"

I follow his lead and down two more shots before I feel him grab my hand and head to the dance floor. "I also don't know how to dance," I said.

I felt his hands go to my waist, and he pulled me closer to him, so our hips were flush with each other. He leaned in, and I felt his breath on my neck. "Just let the music move you like how your fingers move over your instruments. Follow my lead."

His hips started to move, and I felt his hands tighten around my waist as I moved with him. Soon I was letting loose, and his smile gave me more courage to keep going. I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck, and our bodies moved perfectly together. We danced together for a few songs before deciding to grab a few more shots. Before I knew it, the room was slightly spinning, and I was a giggling mess.

"Hey, I want to get some fresh air!" I yelled at Minjun.

He nods before putting down his drink, grabbing my hand, and leading me out of the club.

"Thanks for inviting me. This was really fun!" I slurred as I leaned against the wall.

"Of course. I had a blast too. You're a better dancer than you think."

"Oh, shut up. I know that's a lie," I said, looking up at him. We made eye contact, and before I knew it, his lips were on mine. They were a little rough and moved sloppily against mine, but I didn't mind. It was nice to be kissed by a cute guy. I was allowed to have fun. When he pulled away, he had a big smile on his face.

"I like you, Melody. I think you're gorgeous."

"Thank you," I whispered. Not knowing what else to say.

"Would you want to go on a date with me?"

I just nod, and he kisses me again. Still a little too rough.

"Let's get you a cab."

When the cab arrived, he gave me one more kiss, and he said that he would call me tomorrow to set up our date. I nodded and was dazed the entire way home. When I finally got into my apartment, I saw Jungkook watching TV in the living room with Haru.