십육-Chapter 16

After that night, I quit pushing myself so hard

After that night, I quit pushing myself so hard. I went back to only playing a few hours a day. Some days I didn't play at all. If my wrist hurt, I stopped. I haven't practiced much and poured all my time into studying. With my first semester coming to a close, I had to keep my grades up to keep my scholarship, so it was a nice change of pace. I've spent most of my time at BigHit with Bun, which was where I found myself now. I would sit in the same corner I always did and watch the boys practice for their new album coming out in May of next year. The only difference was that the boys prepared a blanket and a floor pillow for me to sit on. I ended up coming here on most nights and studied until Bun left, which was usually around 2 a.m.

Sitting down and surrounded by my textbooks, I saw my phone screen light up. Minjun was calling me. Knowing that I wasn't allowed to be on the phone while they were practicing their new material, I let it go to voicemail. But the guy was persistent and called three more times. The music stopped and Jin looked over at me to say, "Just answer it."

I apologized and answered after the first ring of the fourth call, "Hey, Minjun."

"Melody! What are you up to?"

"I'm with the guys," I said vaguely.

"What're you guys doing?"

"Just hanging out. I'm studying."

"Why didn't you answer sooner? I miss you," he said in a pouty voice.

"I miss you too. But I'll see you tomorrow at the concert."

"But I want to see you now."

I looked up as Jimin sat beside me. He gestured for me to give him the phone. I gave him a weird look and handed it over to him.

"Hey, Minjun! How about you come over to BH?.... Nah, it's okay..... I already asked the guys. Everyone is fine with it..... Hobi and I want to see your hip hop..... I'll let the front desk know. Bye!"

I look at Jimin with wide eyes, "Can you do that? You're practicing new stuff!"

All the guys start laughing, and I look at all of them. "Then you shouldn't be here either," Yoongi said.

"But-"

"It's fine. I think we're done for the night anyway. We'll just relax and practice older stuff if we want," Jin said.

"I think I'm going to head to my studio and work on a few things. Melody, do you want to come?" Yoongi asked.

"What? Me?" I replied, stunned that he would even invite me.

"Kitten, why are you acting all shy all of a sudden? We all know you've been dying to see it. Just go," Bun said as he was holding out his hand to help me up.

He pulls me up easily and pushes me towards the door, "But what about Minjun?" I ask.

"I'm pretty sure he'll be preoccupied with Jimin and Hobi. Just come back in an hour," Bun said.