십사- Chapter 14

There was something about watching dancers that just made everything else inferior

There was something about watching dancers that just made everything else inferior. Knowing that I would never be able to move my body as they do on stage was disappointing but not surprising. Minjun was born to dance. You could tell in his eyes and his fluid movements that he was passionate about this form of art. With every beat of the music, his body flowed with it, like fish swimming with the current of the ocean. The music fades as he strikes his last pose and falls to the floor on his knees. With it, exhaustion showed as the lights dimmed, and the curtain closed. The crowd filled with claps and whistles, and I joined in. He deserved an entire stadium to be clapping for his performance.

I stand up, and the three others around me do as well. Jungkook, Jimin, and Hoseok decided to come with me tonight to support Minjun, and I know he blew them away. We waited by the door where Minjun said he would be coming out, and after about ten minutes, he did. His bright blonde hair brushed back and he wore a simple white button-up shirt tucked into his black slacks. He meets my eyes and waves, not looking away from me until I feel his arms wrap around me.

"I'm so glad you came!" He pulled back and gave me a soft kiss on the lips.

"I wouldn't miss it! I brought friends," I said, as I looked behind me at the three men standing a few feet behind us. His jaw dropped and he looked back at me. Jimin walked up and handed him a bouquet of orange roses. Jimin said they could mean fascination and he knew that he would be fascinated by the performance tonight. And he was right.

"Wow. You were amazing," Jimin said, giving him a slight hug.

"You really were. I wouldn't be able to do that," Bun said.

"Hey, I'm Hoseok. I just wanted to say that you were incredible," he said, as he stepped up and shook Minjun's hand.

"I can't believe you brought them!" Minjun said, looking at me.

"Jimin was the one who wanted to come."

"Yeah, and I'm glad I did! Who choreographed the piece?"

Minjun looked away shyly and scratched the back of his neck, "I did and the piece before mine."

Jimin's eyes went wide and he started talking a mile a minute about the process and how he came up with it.

"Jiminie, he has other people he needs to see," Hoseok said.

"Oh yeah. My parents are actually here," Minjun says as he turns to me. "I wanted you to meet them. Only if you wanted to, though."

Now it was my turn to be surprised. We weren't even at the 'dating exclusively' part, let alone the 'meet my parents' part. I didn't want to ruin his mood, so I agreed. He ushered me away from the boys—each one looking a little concerned.

When I got back to the guys, I was exhausted. I didn't just meet Minjun's parents. I met his parents, his two sisters, his friends, and three of his professors. Each one I was introduced to as 'the girlfriend,' but I didn't know that I was. I didn't realize that we decided to do this. Was I naive to think that we should have talked about it first?