구-Chapter 9

As someone who has always wanted a personal driver, I didn't think it would be this awkward to be picked up by a stranger who knew who you were

As someone who has always wanted a personal driver, I didn't think it would be this awkward to be picked up by a stranger who knew who you were. When Bun told me he actually sent a driver to pick me up, I was stunned.

"What? I thought you were joking. I was going to take a cab," I said while throwing on my jacket and trying not to drop my phone in the process.

"This is easier. He'll bring you here and escort you to the practice room."

"But, Bun. This is a little extreme. I'm just a norm-"

"You're my best friend, and if I want to send a driver for you, then I will."

"But-"

"Just shut up."

"But-"

"No."

"Bun-"

"Shhhhhhhh."

"LISTEN-"

"I'll see you in twenty. Your driver is there."

Now I'm currently sitting in the backseat with a really buff guy in khaki pants and a polo in the driver's seat. I wouldn't have guessed he was the driver. I was picturing some guy in a suit who looked like a secret agent or something. But he was just a big guy in regular clothes and a big smile. When we arrived at the BigHit building, I was shocked. It was bigger than I expected. Way bigger. I was too busy staring up at the building when the door opened, and I almost fell on the ground.

"Sorry, Ms. McKay. I should have been more careful."

"Oh , no, it's okay. I should have paid better attention. Uhm, also just call me Melody. McKay makes me sound old."

He smiles and ushers me into the building. We pass a reception desk and a little cafe before getting to the elevator. It felt like I was stuck in there forever before the doors opened to a familiar bunny smile. I didn't have time to take more than one step out of the elevator before I was enveloped into a hug. I laugh and wrap my arms around him when I feel how wet his back is, I pull away immediately, "Disgusting. You're so sweaty!" I said trying to wiggle out of his arms.

I feel his arms tighten around me, and he sways us side to side, "Ahhhh, my Kitten is here. I'm so excited."

"Bun, get your gross body off of me," I said, laughing.

He pulls away with a pout and grabs my hand before leading me to a door where music was playing loudly. I didn't realize I was squeezing his hand tightly until he squeezed back. Opening the door, it was a huge room with wooden floors and floor to ceiling mirrors. Jimin, Jin, and Hoseok were in the middle dancing to the song playing loudly. A song that I never heard before. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Taehyung were sitting on the ground, watching. As soon as we stepped into the room fully, all six eyes were on me, and I couldn't help but hide a little behind Jungkook.