Oh Hamitch, you are quite clever. But as usual, not quite clever enough. Gun shots are quite loud you know.

Sincerely, Relter.

I barge past the two men and yell.

"Everyone listen!" The already quiet room fills with tension.

"Relter escaped and he knows I was up to this, so we don't have long to locate the arena and fly there. I need men locating the area of the arena and someone to locate a usable ship. Everyone else be alert, peacekeepers might be sent out way." Everyone starts running into positions and jobs.

Now we have to complete the hardest part of the mission so far; to get out of this building alive.

-

Katniss' pov

"Rory there's finally clean water!" I run over to the small, strangely crystal-clear lake.We're still in between the desert and the swamp section, making our way South. Hopefully we reach Gale and the others' soon because I need to know if they're okay.

This whole change in my life has taken such a big toll on me, mentally and physically. Finding out that Gale loves me back was a high point in my life, but that dream soon turned into hell when he was kidnapped and the new Hunger Games was created. Rory was attacked and everything seemed like my fault, which lead my mind into a depressed stage.

I then find out that Gale, Finnick and Johanna have been beaten almost to death which killed me even more. My emotions have been thrown around and my body is weak from training and strain. Although it might look like I'm at the top of my game, I'm really breaking down inside.

Rory and I drink as much water as possible before continuing our long walk.

"I swear we better be going the right way," Rory grumbles.

"We are trust me." Well I hope we are, Rory.

The trees begin to thin out and the dry desert is slowly fading into grass.

We pick up our pace and I begin to feel hopeful. We reach a point where there's only a few trees in the area. Up ahead I spot a metal cage and several people standing around.

"Oh my god... is that them?" I whisper.

"Catnip!" Someone yells.

Rory laughs. "Oh that's definitely Gale."

As soon as he says that I bolt towards the handsome figure running towards me. I crash into his arms and hug him tightly, holding back my tears.

"I missed you so much, I thought I was going crazy." he mumbles in my hair.

I close my eyes and sigh. "It feels like the whole world is against us, the only thing that kept me going was Rory's optimism in you."

Gale caresses my cheek and stares into my eyes, as if searching for my emotions.

"It's going to be okay now, we're together now. Don't be sad," he pleads, wiping my lonely tear and laying a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Look sorry lovebirds but have you forgotten where we are? It's not exactly safe." I laugh at the familiar voice.

"It's lovely to see you too, Johanna." I hug her and then Finnick.

When I let go of him I frown, realising that there are two dead bodies lying on the ground.

"Who the hell are they?"

"That's Flyer and Eden. Apparently Flyer had blackmailed Eden to do a few things and that's why she was with him during the games. Flyer was about to kill us but Eden killed him, shortly before she killed herself. She really had feelings for you Rory, she only left you because she was being blackmailed," Gale says sadly.

I watch Rory as he slowly kneels down beside Eden, with tears rolling down his face. "Why does everyone I love die," he whispers. He holds his her lifeless hand in his, biting his lip hard.

Gale hugs me from behind and we all stand in silence, watching Rory mourn.

"I tried Prim! I tried to move on, damn it! I tried, so hard..." I pull Rory away from Eden's motionless body and hold him in my arms as he sobs.

He suddenly and stares up at the sky, frowning.

"Guys, something's coming. Something big," he says.

I listen closely and faintly hear the buzzing sound of an aircraft. The wind picks up and we all run behind trees to hide.

A large helicopter hovers over us and Hamitch opens the door, letting down a ladder.

"Katniss and Rory, climb up first," Gale shouts, pushing the two of us towards the ladder.

"But what abou-"

"Don't worry about me, I'm right here." He gives me a reassuring smile and I climb up the ladder as fast as possible.

I jump into the helicopter and so does Rory, Finnick not too far behind. Gale starts climbing as Johanna takes one last look around the area. All of a sudden two people run out into the clearing, straight towards Johanna. We scream for her to run but she can't hear us.

Minnie and Hunter laugh hysterically as they approach Johanna. The pair reach her and Hunter shoots an arrow at her, making her fall off the ladder. I look away as her body hits the ground, feeling guilty that there wasn't anything I could do to save her.

"Cut the ladder off. We're leaving now," Hamitch yells and Gale cuts it off, slamming the door shut.

I sink to the floor and instantly feel Gale's arms around me. I sob for Johanna, a good friend, an incredibly brave and strong person. She was wiped off the world in seconds and there wasn't anything we could've done.

This is the cruel place we live in, and even though we might hate it we have to learn to forget and move on.

Even if it's the hardest thing in the world.

-

Johanna's dead and I'm sad :(((
Please don't feel shy on commenting your opinion on my chapters, I love hearing what you all have to say!

kat xx