7

Hope you like itttt :))

-

s e v e n

Katniss' pov

Glancing around the training room, it looks exactly the same as when I came for my games.

"Hey Katniss do we have some sort of strategy?" Rory whispers.

"No we don't need to worry about that at the moment, just do the activities that don't use your legs." I glance at his leg which is wrapped in a cloth.

"See you later," I say and turn towards the bow and arrow station.

I turn back around to see him standing still in the same spot with his mouth open in shock. I shake my head and smile.

"I was joking geeze, come with me." I drag him over to the bow an arrows.

-

We stayed in the training room for a long time because I wanted to train without all the other tributes watching. The careers didn't harass us much, just occasionally knocking our shoulders as they walked past, smirking.

I noticed that district four didn't want to be known as a career because they avoided them as much as possible. He grunted at them whenever they tried to talk to him.

That's a good thing.

Rory and I took the elevator to our floor and he went straight to bed. Feeling a bit hungry, I grab a cold chicken sandwich from the fridge since I missed the buffet.

"Oh! Katniss I was just looking for you." Effie walks towards me with her usual pink wig and sparkly high-heels.

"Is something wrong?"

"Oh no nothing's wrong dear. I just wanted to let you know why I was upset at the reaping." She frowns.

"Is it because Rory got picked?"

"Partially; The poor boy has to run around in that terrible arena and also make it far enough to attempt to save his brother. It's heart breaking. I didn't want to see you anywhere near an arena either, you've been through way too much hun."

"Don't worry too much about me, all I'm making sure of is that Rory makes it out alive," I say.

"Oh and I heard he was attacked, do you know the reason for it?"

"No unfortunately, but I reckon Erica had down thing to do with it," I mumble.

"Anyway good luck for your training, I won't see you until the day before your assessment. See you later sweetie." Effie gave me a quick hug and walked out of the room.

I sighed. I'll have a talk with Rory in the morning because I noticed he wasn't doing very well at most of the stations at training. Well, except setting snares and throwing knifes which he is brilliant at.

Better than me.

-

It's now three days until our private assessment and I have to say, even though Rory has a bad leg he's improved heaps.

I've mostly focused on getting used to other weapons such as tridents and swords plus lots of survival tips.

I get the usual threats from the careers and so does Rory, but they pick on him more because of his leg and because he's quite short.

Ad I walk into the training room I see Rory practicing with knives, throwing slightly off target every time.

I see a career boy walk over to him. I think the boys name is Flyer, or something ridiculous like that.

"Hey squirm, you don't seem to be getting any better at throwing these. To be honest your pretty terrible," the boy teases him.

By the look on his face I can tell he is boiling with anger, but keeps it under control.

Whenever we're at training Rory never showed his true skills in snares and knife throwing when the other tributes were in the room, because he didn't want to show them his true capabilities.

"Really Fly? you can't do any better," he smirks.

"Oh yea? Well I challenge you to a contest. Whoever throws 3 knifes in the bullseye first wins."

Rory was quiet. I walked up to him and whispered in him ear.

"Do it." I gave him a thumbs up and took a few steps back. Everyone thought he was weak, so he needed to show Flyer that he isn't useless.

"Game on." Rory's face changed back to a smirk. He gestured for Fly to step forwards. "Ladies first," he says smiling.

I snorted and the tributes laughed, whispering about whether they wanted Fly or Rory to win. I hadn't realised that the other tributes had formed a semi-circle around us.

Fly's smirk fell. "Don't be a smart ass squirt, because in a second you're the one everyone's going to be laughing at."

One of his friends pushed him forwards onto the mats in front of the human targets.

He aimed his first knife and threw it, and it landed on the shoulder which was three rings outside the bullseye. The aim is to hit the centre of the head.

He grunted and picked up his second knife, clearly frustrated with his throw.

The second knife pierced the bullseye. The careers cheered and he threw a smirk back at Rory.

He picked up his third knife and threw it, but it pierced the space beside the neck.

"You have three tries and then we swap again," Fly says, handing Rory his first knife.

Rory laughed and picked up two more.

"Seriously?" He grabs the other two and turns towards the target.

I had a feeling what he would do, because we were discussing it yesterday just in case something like this happened.

There were three targets in a row so three people could try at the same time.

Throw to your left, then to your right, do a spin and throw it over your shoulder to the middle.

That's exactly what he did.

First to his left then to his right, and very quickly span around and threw it at the middle.

It hit the bullseye for all of them.

Rory turns around, grinning like an idiot.

"So I guess we know who won that." He limps over to me and I put a hand on his shoulder, smiling down at him.

Everyone is in shock and Fly is fuming. I can literally see steam coming out of his ears, he's that angry.

"Don't mess with us." We walk out of the training room which stays silent.

As soon as we close the doors Rory sits on the bench, resting his leg on it with a big smile on his face.

"That was hilarious, did you see their faces! The pain was totally worth it."

"Well that will teach them not to mess with you." I smile.

-

Beat that Fly :P

Flyer is a horrible name haha but that's why I picked it :") The next update will be soon,

kat xx