11

ive taken so long to update since I had a lot of assignments due and tests this week so ive been busy with work. I'll probably be busy for another 2 weeks but after that I should be updating normally. Sorry :(

-

e  l  e  v  e  n

Katniss' pov

The nurses let us stay the night but we were forced to leave in the morning. They told us that a nurse will update us on all of Gale's progress and whenever Finnick is let out.

What's bugging me is that I never got to see how Joanna is.

Rory and I grudgingly walk to the training room. We both skipped breakfast so training is going to be difficult. Plus we look like walking zombies.

We enter the training room and all eyes land on us. Fly and the rest of the career pack snigger at our unusual appearance, and the other tributes look away after a few seconds of staring.
The rest of the day I kept to myself occasionally making small talk with Rory, but my thoughts continuously drift back to Gale.

He could be dead in a few hours. A frustrated scream makes it's way out of my mouth. It's hard knowing that someone I care about so dearly could die, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I angrily throw knives at targets, but miss the bulls eye most times since I'm not concentrating well. Rory is standing next to me with a face expression that would kill, throwing knives at a target as well.

I can hear him cursing under his breath. "The mother fuckers are going to pay for this," he mutters.
The careers walk over to where we are standing.

"Aww, what happened to little Rory pory and Katniss Everfuck? Didn't you get enough sleep?" Rory lunges at Fly as I try to pull him back. They all snigger at Rory's reaction.
What ass holes.

"Leave us alone douche bags, you're not worthy enough to even be speaking to us!" I yell.

"Yea yea whatever, we'll leave you alone until we decide to annoy you again," Shine says as they all turn around and go back to whatever they were doing.

"Why did you stop me from beating him up?" Rory huffs.

"Because I didn't want you to get into a fight and end up getting in trouble," I answer, pulling his arm in the direction of the door.

"Lets go somewhere."

-

For the rest of the day Rory and I walked around the building, observing high rise buildings through the massive sheets of glass windows. They had recently done them all up by adding wild colours to the exterior. Some buildings are blue or yellow, and others even have patterns such as a zebra print.

Other than that, we ate at the lunch buffet which I had beef caserole which was delicious. Oh and right now we are in the hostpital. Of course.

The nurses let us back in after we gave them a few death threats but eh, the only thing I cared about was getting in. At the moment I'm sitting in Finnick's room, and we've mostly been talking about how bad his food smells.

"Yuck I dont know how these people expect us to eat this slop," Finnick grumbles as I forcefully stick spoon of mashed 'I don't know what it is' into his mouth. The colour is quite disgusting-brown with strokes of dark gren through it.

"Have you finished your lunch yet?" The nurse asks slightly annoyed, since it's been about 2 hours since she brought it here.

"No sorry, I'm still trying to shovel it down his throat," I chuckle. She frowns and walks back out the door.

"Ugh Finnick hurry up and eat this, the smell is killing me," I whine and Finnick shoots me a disgusted face.

"Seriously you would be eating it just as slow as me if you knew how it tastes," he argues.

"Whatever, just make sure you finish it before I come back, I'm going to see how Rory is doing." I stand up and close the door making my way down the hallway.

Of course, Rory is still trying to peek through the blinds of Gale's room to see what the progress is.

"Have the nurses told you anything while I was gone?" I ask.

"No, they're being bitches by keeping the news to themselves," he mutters.

I sigh and sit in the chair, and Rory sits next to me. For the next hour we just sit in silence, afraid if what the outcome will be for Gale.

"Rory and Katniss, I have good news." I look up and a smiling nurse is standing in front of me.

"What is it?" I ask impatiently.

"He's going to survive."

-

Yea yea I know this was a horrible update hahaha. I've had to write this and study for a maths test at the same time so my ideas weren't that great :/

kat xx