23

Holidays are nearly over :(
My birthday is coming up though!

By the way, Toby is Hamitch's friend who he called to help with the rescue (his name is in this chapter)

-

t  w  e  n  t  y    t  h  r  e  e

Hamitch's pov

I shake my head in disappointment. Katniss' heart is so kind that she feels bad for killing Annabelle. I think the bitch deserved it.

While I wait for Leon's signal my phone rings.

"I'm in the room. Are you and the soldiers ready?"

"Yes we're all ready. Commence the next part of the plan. Meet us in the games control room after we've raided it."

I hang up and call my friend, telling him to wait 'till the announcement goes off.

Luckily Effie hid my wine bottles this morning, otherwise I'd be drunk off my face during this mission. That wouldn't help anyone.

Even though I haven't been drinking as much lately, ever since coming back to the Hunger Games something has triggered my bad habits back. Alcohol has become more appealing, more  helpful for dealing with pain. For letting go.

"Excuse me for this announcement. There is an out of control blaze of fire inside the building and we need a full evacuation of the building. Please make your way to your closest exit." Fire alarms blast through the speakers.

A couple of guys climbed up into the air vents and held up burning chunks of wood, so some smoke would actually flow through the building.

I turn on my walky-talky.

"Toby. Run towards the games room, make sure no one is wandering that hall. I'll be there shortly."

"Already there, hurry up old man," he chuckles.

I run down the stairs and turn into the hallway, getting confused glances from people travelling in the opposite direction. I reach the guys and nod at Toby, before we smash the door down and start shooting.

Screams fill the air and the smell of fresh blood already fills my nostrils. Oh how I don't miss that smell.

I shoot two men trying to hide behind a table and a lady who tried to escape through a side door. I take a stance in front of the door so no one else tries to escape. Two men shut and bolt the main door closed while Toby manages to fight off two men.

As I look around there isn't a sight of Relter. I spot an opaque sheet of glass with a door in the middle of it which looks like an office.

"Hey, can you two come with me?" I yell at two young men standing close to me. They nod and follow me towards the door.

"Don't go in yet. I'm going to swing open the door and just fire a few shots before we enter, just to make sure."

"Yes sir," they say in unison.

I grunt. "Don't fucking try that 'sir' business on me. What do I look like, the bloody president? You know my name so call me by that."

Their eyes widen. "Sorry Hamitch," they mumble. I really can't be bothered dealing with people today.

I break down the door and aim my gun straight but what is inside confuses me. I'm staring at an empty room containing only a table and an empty bookshelf. There's a piece of paper on the table.