8

next chapterrr :)

-

e i g h t

Katniss' pov

Today's the last day before our private assessment.

Walking into the training room I can tell everyone's a little bit worked up about their assessment tomorrow. Some tributes are watching the careers practice, panic written all over their face.

In the career pack this year it's the girls and boys from District 1 and 2.

The girl from District 1 is called Shine and the boy is Flyer, the one who challenged Rory yesterday. Shine's strengths are knives and camouflage, and she's brilliant at identifying plants and fruits. Flyer's are swords and climbing and he has a great amount of strength.

The girl from District 2 is Minnie and the boy is Hunter. Coincidently, Minnie is quite small but she's very quick on her feet and is great with knives. Hunter is quite tall and muscular, kind of the protector of the group. His weapon is a mace and he's alright at a bow and arrow.

There's a boy who always seems to catch my eye. He's from District 4 and his name is Oregon.

I find him quite mysterious, how he doesn't really talk much and most of the time he looks quite scared or upset. When he trains he looks fierce and strong, like nothing can overpower him.

For some reason even the girl from District 4, Pipper, can't make him smile either. I really want to go over to him and have a talk, but is none of my business.

He just looks strangely familiar.

The most strange part of him is that he has these amazing green eyes, which strangely look like Finnicks'.

In training today Rory practiced on swinging heavier objects such as a mace or hammer, and I practiced on my combat skills.

We haven't made any ally's yet, but I think it's best not to this year. We need to survive the first round and quickly find Gale, Finnick and Joanna.

Gale. It's been so long since I've seen him, way too long. I miss his face, his touch, his everything. I feel so lonely without him.

"Katniss I've finished my training, are you coming?"

A voice brought me back to reality. Rory is standing in front of me, sweat dripping off every inch of his body.

"I'll come back with you I've just finished my training," I grumble.

Rory's smile turns into a frown.

"Gale's alright, stop worrying about him," he reassures me.

"You don't know that." I glare at Rory.

"It's Gale, he's tough. I'm sure he's fine," he says and pulled my arm along to the lift.

-

Assessment day is finally here.

It's kind of a relief, because I want to get this whole thing over with. I wonder what the judges are gong to score me? And plus, no one really knows much about these games. Whose the head game maker? Or the host?

I eat a quick breakfast and write a note to Rory.

Already left, hurry up.

I place it on the kitchen bench and make my way down to the training room. I wait there with a few tributes for forty minutes until Rory shows up.