25 part 2/epilogue

Omg I can't believe this is the last chapter :( this chapter/epilogue is kinda short btw sorry :")

-

t  w  e  n  t  y    f  i  v  e  -  p  a  r  t           t  w  o

Katniss' pov

This morning we held a short funeral for Toby. I collected flowers and arranged them around his body while the guys each spoke a little bit about their leader.

Currently Gale and I are wandering the woods to get away from everything. To feel closer to home. The trees sway in the wind simultaneously and petals from flowers fly through the air. It almost feels like a magical forest as the sun shines through the trees. Lines and shapes of light cover the forest floor, the bright light dancing on my arms and face.

Gale and I smile a each other and hold hands, finally feeling relaxed after an eternity of troubles. The only question that floats around in my head is where we'll be able to live permanently. We can't stay in the forest forever because we'll run out of the essentials that aren't provided by natural resources.

A small movement alerts me and I spin around, aiming my arrow at the bush.

"Please don't shoot!" A voice squeals.

I lower my bow in shock. "I'm sorry I won't shoot you; please come out."

A little girl raises up and takes a step towards me, staring with wide eyes.

"Are you Katniss Everdeen?" She whispers, twisting her hair nervously.

"Yes that's me, how do you know who I am?" I question.

She giggles and runs towards me, grabbing my hand and tugging it.

"Everyone here knows who you are. Same with you, Gale."

We follow her lead and reach a small village with little, cute wooden houses. A few people are floating around but stare at us and the girl funnily before rushing towards us.

One lady grabs hold of the girl's hand and drags her away and the others' stare in disbelief.

"Are you really Katniss and Gale?" They all ask.

"Um yea... that's us. How do you know who we are? It's so remote out here."

"We've built our own TV's and they run off solar panels that we also created. We heard that you escaped from the arena and we wished for your safety; how funny is it that you ended up here?" The group laughs and Gale and I laugh along with them.

"We only just made it in here alive and lost one along the way. This place is amazing," Gale says and the villagers smile proudly.

"Well since you guys don't have a place to stay, would you want to live here?"

<>

2 years later

"I will mum... yes of course do you really think I'm that stupid! ...Okay love you too, bye."

Gale slams the phone down and sighs, rubbing his head.

"What did she say?" I ask him while opening the front windows.

"She told me to help you out more because you'll be stressing and, I quote,
'must have a speech that's over five minutes or she'll cut my ah... yea... off so we could never have children.' Lovely isn't she?"

I burst out laughing and Gale grunts, walking out onto our porch.

"I'm sorry hun I didn't mean to laugh, just don't take it too seriously. She was most likely joking yea?" I hug him from behind and he relaxes a little bit.

"Hopefully she was joking because I can't remember a speech that long in front of a whole village. If it was just us two, sure. I could say a million things about why I proposed, why I love you so much but it won't just be us."

"Don't worry about it, just calm down," I whisper.

Your probably now wondering what happened now and during the two years yea? Well Gale and I took up the offer from the village that we could live here and the others, but we have to help them out with hunting which is fine.

Finnick wanted Annie and his son to permanently live here so they ended up sneaking in. Now they live in a big house next to Gale and I's. Gale asked his mum but she didn't want to make it obvious that something was going on, so she chose to stay in District 12 with Vick and Posy.

My mum moved in with the Hawthorne's and they all come visit twice a year. Since Gale proposed they've been ringing constantly, begging us to tell them the date of our wedding.

Of course being Gale and I, we haven't set a date yet but we're not telling them that. Who would want two crazy ladies screaming through the village, wanting to kill us?

Right now everyone's happy and I'm quite glad that we didn't lose many lives during this journey. The wound in my heart from the loss of Johanna and Prim will never heal, but if I morn too much I know exactly what they'd say.

All we can do is keep our heads high, re-build our lives and focus on the positives that will come in the future. We now live in this beautiful, harmless village with no more worries which will make our lives finally seem normal.

And I'm glad I get to spend the rest of my journey with the love of my life, Gale Hawthorne.

-

Andddd the story is completed!

I can't actually believe it, it's been such a long journey and quite a hard one. This book had its ups and downs but I'm happy with the ending, I hope you are too :)

I'd like to thank all you people that have read, voted and commented because it makes me so happy to know that there's people out there that like this story.

Just to clarify, there WON'T BE A SEQUEL to this story. Im sorry for everyone that thought I was writing a second book.

Keep posted because I'm in the process of writing other stories

and for the last time,

kat xx