22

Another update done (:

-

t  w  e  n  t  y    t  w  o

Katniss' pov

I... I don't know what to do. I've been dropped down into the savannah, and it doesn't look like there's much around.

I'll probably die here.

Come on let's try to think positive Katniss. I start my walk towards what looks like no where. I swear if a lion or cheetah appears I'll be so pissed, because the Capitol faggots would've just dropped one down for lovely entertainment.

Another problem I have is I don't have my backpack, or anything except myself and clothes. I left the sky diving equipment where I landed. The peacekeepers much of searched everyone for items before we woke up.

A booming voice dominates the silence of the arena.

"Welcome remaining tributes, to the second part of the Hunger Games. Yes, I know you're all probably ecstatic about the shortening of the games, but don't get too excited. As you can all see, you don't have any equipment with you. Your mentors are allowed to send you gifts but there's only so much they can provide. You need to be smart and logical and use whatever survival skills you have.

In case you haven't realised, this arena is sectioned, and yes you can cross over into others. My only clue is that the mice are where the cornucopia usually is. Good luck."

Well that was a heartwarming speech. Note the sarcasm.

The riddle (a really shitty one) was easy. The mice are in the middle. If only I could figure out which way that was...

A parachute glides down and has a small piece of paper attached to it.

You might want to head east, sweetheart :)

Oh god thanks so much Hamitch. I start a light jog to my East. Hamitch's words motivated me to think that I actually have a chance in seeing Gale, Finnick and Johanna again.

After a solid hour of jogging the heat starts to get to me. My arms and legs are aching and the insects are eating me alive.

As I slow down my pace to a walk, I can slightly see the silhouette of a person. It's probably a mirage.

I'm a lot closer to the person now. I'm starting to doubt that it's my mind playing tricks on me. The guy is pacing up and down, staring down at something in his hand.

He looks up. "Katniss?"

There's only one person that could be.

"Hey, Rory!"

We run to each other and embrace in a tight hug.

"I got a note from Hamitch. Read it."

Stay where you are. If you move, you're dead :P I was going to give you more instructions, but I can't.

"Hamitch told me to head East which I guess was towards you. That's why he didn't want you to move. It sucks that he couldn't give us more directions though," I sigh.

"Yea I know."

We decide to continue East and soon hit the edge of the savannah.

"Well we're lucky that we didn't have to travel too fare to get out of this sector."

"Maybe for you. I ran for an hour," I mumble.

Rory laughs and pulls my arm towards the new sector. All I can see is mud and weeping willows covering the area.