16

Sorry about the long wait guys

-

s  i  x  t  e  e  n

Katniss' pov

The sky has dimmed and has a light shade of pink through it. Also, more importantly, there are two tributes which I don't recognise underneath me.

"Do you want to set up camp here?" the boy asks.

"Yea might as well. I'm really tired anyway," the girl says.

I curse under my breath. There going to camp right under my tree? Fuck my life. Please don't light a fire, please.

"Hey maybe we should hide behind the bushes so people can't see us as much," the girl says.

"Yea that's a good idea."

They moved all their equipment, quite loudly, behind a wall of tall bushes. They start talking loudly and joking around. Ugh why are they so dumb.

After about an hour they went to sleep, but out of the corner of my eye I see a figure in the darkness. A person jumps up from a crouch position and slowly creeps towards the bush the pair are hiding behind.

Maybe he was hiding there the whole time. Did this person see me? I hope not.

I see a glimmer of something shiny, and immediately know it's a knife. The person stands still in front of the bush for a few seconds and then takes the kill.

I hear two high-pitched screams which suddenly stop. The figure comes out from the bush, now with blood covering the shiny knife. I guess they're dead.

I carefully shift around in the tree to try to get a better view of who the person is. I find a branch closer to him and I'm shocked when I see who it is.

It's Oregon, the kid from district four that reminds me of Finnick. He looks sad though, kicking the ground and tears spilling out of his eyes.

"I, I had to do it for you, I just had to. I miss you so much."

"Why is he sad?" I whisper. Obviously too loud, because he jumps in fright and aims his knife in my direction.

"Show yourself," he says in a quiet voice.

"It's Katniss from district 12. I don't want to hurt you." I wait patiently for his answer as he stands there, wondering if he should trust me.

"I.. I trust you. I won't hurt you either. I promise. Could I sit with you in the tree?"

"Ah yea sure."

He climbs up the tree and site next to me, turning to face the other way.

"Who were you talking about?" I question. Might be a bit of a personal one but eh, everyone knows everything about my life.

He hesitates but still tells me. "My older brother was in the hunger games a while ago, and he died from 5 careers continuously stabbing him even after he died. I guess I've had a lot of anger build up in me over the years and the games is a place where I can let it all out." He wipes his eyes and sniffles.

I never thought he was ever angry, because he always looked quiet and reserved. I feel sorry for the kid though, because I know what it's like to lose a sibling. It's horrible.

"You can cry now, don't be embarrassed." I put my arm over his shoulders as he quietly sobs. "I guess that's one thing we have in common," I sigh.

"I guess so," he grumbles.