9

I decided to update a day earlier :)

-

n i n e

Katniss' pov

I wake Rory up from his slumber and drag him to the living room to see our results for our assessments. When we get there, Haymitch is sitting on the couch with the TV already on.

"Effie went somewhere, dunno when she's coming back," he says turning back towards the screen.

Erica appears on the screen, her face twisting into a forced smile.
"I am now going to introduce the new head game maker, Relter Grey." The crowd cheers as he walks onto the stage. Holding a forced smile like Erica, he starts his speech.

"Hello fellow Capitol people and Districts, I welcome you to the scoring ceremony of the 76th Hunger Games." The crowd cheers.

"As you now know I'm Relter Grey and I will be the head game maker this year. I promise to bring you lots of thrills and new obstacles to these new games. As you know the first round of the games is survival for ten days, and whoever is alive after that is sent into the second round, the second arena."

"In the second round, the tributes will have to hunt down the new tributes which were announced a while ago. Once they are all killed, the remainder of the original tributes will be crowned victors."

The crowd goes wild, clapping and whistling. Rory stays silent the whole time, anger written all over his face. Hamitch snorts and takes a swing of his beer.

"Now I will announce the assessment scores." Relter pulls out cue cards and starts reading of them. Shine got an 8 and Flyer got a 9. Minnie and Hunter both got 9's as well. The only other ones that stood out for me was Oregon's score, which was 9. Pretty impressive.

"Rory from District 12... with a score of 10."

Haymitch and I cheer while Rory smiles like an idiot.

"Katniss from District 12... with a score of 10." Rory whoops and cheers and Haymitch claps me on the back.
I actually got a 10! Now all of the stupid careers won't think my skills weakened over the past years.

The three of us celebrated by eating chocolate ripple cake and wine. "To Rory and Katniss!" Haymitch cheers as we clink our glasses.

"To us!" I cheer, downing my glass in a few seconds.

---

Gale's pov (just before the announcement of the scores)

God, I've lost track of the amount of time I've been in this hell hole. Days, weeks, months? I really have no idea. I strain my neck to look over to where Joanna is sitting, well more like trying to not tip over from the amount of blood she lost in her morning beating. Yes, I said beating.

Every morning they take Joanna somewhere and torture her in some way for about half an hour, and then someone drags her back into our chamber and throws her on the floor. In the afternoon it's Finnick's turn for the same amount of time, then in the evening it's my turn which is longer for some reason. My torture lasts an hour.
All I remember of my last day in District 12 was Katniss telling me to sleep because I was really tired, and after she left a man wrapped a cloth over my mouth which made me pass out because it had some sort of toxin on it. Then I woke up in this horrible place with Joanna and Finnick.

Katniss. Jesus, I've gone crazy without her. Knowing that she has been picked to go into the Hunger Games with Rory doesn't leave a settling feeling in my stomach.

I love her so freaking much, but just as we were all happy the dickheads had to screw everything up. It makes me scared knowing that she might die.
Or Rory. Oh the poor kid.

On the first day I was here, the guy who was happily whipping away at my body told me that Rory got stabbed on the train, which really upset me. Why do the kindest people end up suffering the most?

A groan coming from the door brings me back to my senses. Finnick falls onto the ground and the guard slams the door shut.

I rush over to him and push him upright so his back is leaning on the wall, ignoring his cries for me to stop.
"I know buddy I'm sorry," I whisper to him, slumping down beside him.

"The man said that there's no more for us." His voice came out as barely a whisper, the lack of water and food is really getting to all of us.

"Well that's good news," I grumble.

-

The hours of the day drag on like they are endless. With nothing for the three of us to do, we dab out cuts with our clothes and try to sleep but the pain refuses to let us rest.

Someone jabs my shoulder. "Get up it's your turn." A guard pokes me with a beating stick.

"I'm getting up wait a sec," I grumble. Somehow I manage to hoist myself up and stumble towards the guard. He pulls me out of the room slamming the door shut and leads me to my usual room.

My blood on the floor and walls from last night stinks like hell, overpowering my nose which makes me queasy.
"It's your last day here, then you will be moved to the building the other tributes live in but you won't be able to see them at anytime," the man says pulling out his whip.

"Enjoy your last time while is lasts," he sniggers, sending the whip down on my body.

-

I'm lying back on the floor of the cell, barely able to move. The pain is excruciating. Finnick and Joanna can't help because they are in the same position as me.

Broken and useless.

Suddenly someone bursts through the door, but I can't see who it is since I'm facing the other way. My eyes start to close, and my breathing slows down.

"Gale, Finnick, Joanna? Someone get some nurses, please! HURRY!" The voice yells.

My eyes close and I fall into unconsciousness, trying to picture Katniss' carefree face in the woods.

---

Katniss' pov

"Katniss, Rory!!" Effie bursts into the room, tears stained on her face.
"G-Gale, hospital..." She squeaks out.

WHAT?

"Katniss I know the way, lets go." Haymitch pulls me along and Rory follows.

Gale, what happened to you...

-

Dum dum dummm
Please comment your opinion of Gale's pov because I need to know if it's alright thanks :)

kat xx