14

Heey sorry for the week late update :) just a warning most of this chapter is about Rory and Eden

-

f  o  u  r  t  e  e  n

Rory's pov

I squint my eyes, trying to get used to the bright light streaming through my window. The bed groans as I roll over to get up, and I pop two headache pills that are on my bedside table.

How long until the games? I haven't actually being counting, so I need to ask Katniss. Hell, I don't even know what day it is.

A sniffle startles me and I slightly jump. I turn around, and sleeping peacefully on my bed is Eden. She looks a lot better than how I met her, because Katniss and I cleaned her up last night.

Her soft, pasty face is glowing and is free of tears. Her lips aren't cracked and bleeding anymore, instead they're a light pink colour. Her long, light brown hair has been tied back into a cute messy bun with millions of individual strands dispersed around the pillow. She looks calm and happy, unlike how she was yesterday.

"Rory?"

I'm startled by the sound and snap out of my trance and see Eden wide awake, blushing as she jumps out of my bed.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, frowning.

"Ah nothing, I just have to get going," she mumbles and darts for the door, firmly gripping the robe around her.

"Wait don't go." I jump in front of the door and she slams into me, her face inches away from mine.

"S-sorry," she blushes deeper and tries to take a step backwards, but I wrap my arms around her waist. I stare into her beautiful, soft, but startled eyes. My eyes drift down to her lips, and she nervously bites them.

I laugh. "Your so adorable, you know that?" I whisper, stroking her hair. She freezes and focuses on the floor.

"You know, your so different from all of the other girls. You have an amazing personality, your not girly and your absolutely gorgeous," I whisper.

She looks directly at me and smiles.
"I didn't think you would be that nice, but your one of the most incredible, strong and perfect person I've ever met," she whispers.

"You also saved my life."

All of a sudden, I feel her warm lips on mine, and we move in perfect sinc. I tighten my arms around her waist, pulling her closer as she wraps her arms around my neck. Perfect is the best way to describe it, magical and full of passion.

All of a sudden the amazing sensation stops, and my lips are left cold. She slips out of my arms and opens the door, running to the escalator.

"Eden wait!" I bolt after her. What happened? Was I not good enough? Did she feel embarrassed? Was it a mistake? Does she even like me?
I catch the elevator door just before it closes and stare at a shocked Eden.

"What's wrong?" I say, the sadness clearly showing in my voice.

"I um.. well.. I j-just thought.." She gulps, looking at the floor nervously.
"I thought that it was one of y-your tricks to make me fall in love with you and then dump me, so I ran." A tear rolls down her face and she turns away from me.

What why would I ever do that to her? She's like, the kindest, most beautiful and amazing person I've ever met and she thinks I'm going to push her away?

"Hey, look at me." I tilt her head upwards so her eyes are level with mine.

"You really matter to me, okay? I really do care for you, and if I was honest with myself... I think I really like you, a lot." I smile nervously.