15

-

f  i  f  t  e  e  n

Katniss' pov

The games start tomorrow.

That's the only thought that has been running through my head the past 4 hours. Believe me, I hate thinking about it.

Rory is still quite pissed off at Gale and I don't see him calming down any time soon. The good thing though is that he's being more cautious around Eden-just to make sure she's not some spy.

She genuinely seems that she really likes him though, so I don't think she's hiding anything. Training was very tense-except for the careers who didn't really look like they cared.

Everyone else looked like they were shitting themselves.

Right now, Rory and I are sitting on a couch silently watching tv. I miss Gale already.

"I'm going to lye down in my bed, if I fall asleep make sure to wake me up in the morning." I yawn and give Rory a tight hug.

"Okay, see you tomorrow," he whispers. I don't want to let go, because I'm scared. I'm scared I'll lose him. Gale, Finnick and Joanna too.

It's quite likely that one or more of us are going to die. Just because we all have amazing skills doesn't mean that no one's going to get killed somehow.

The thought scares me, but I dismiss it quickly.

I lye down, not bothering to change out of my day clothes.

This is going to be the longest night of my life.

---

Gale's pov

At the moment I actually have no idea where I am. I lost track after we turned around a corner beside the cafeteria.

Finnick and Joanna aren't with me though. It makes me wonder of they're being hurt again. Seriously though, I have to thank Effie for finding us the next time I see her.

If there's a next time.

I pull the blankets up as high as possible burying myself under the mountain of sheets on my bed. Finnick, Joanna and I have a week to train for our part of the games. I still have a lot of scars and bruises from my torture, but nothing hurts anymore.

I'm still pissed off at Rory that he likes that stupid girl. How the hell can he that quickly like someone so much? It still puzzles me.

All I wish though, is that I see Rory and Katniss when I enter the second arena.

Hopefully.

---

Katniss' pov

I slam my hand down on my alarm clock, signalling that it's 7:00am. Of course, I'm struggling to get out of bed since I only had about 5 hours sleep, which is barely enough to be involved in a killing arena.

I slip yesterdays' clothes off and put on a fresh olive-green top and a black track suit. My stylists have my proper clothing attire wherever I'm meeting them.

I walk down to the cafeteria and sit on the farthest table away from the other districts. I might be waiting for Rory for a while.

I grab myself a banana and sit back down at the table. Most of the tributes are here. What's funny is that Rory, Eden and Fly aren't here. Hm.

The doors bang open and I see an angry looking Rory steam over towards me. He looks-well... distressed. Annoyed. About to explode.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask him.