21

IM SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE ON TIME BUT IT WAS CHRISTMASSSS AHHHHHH

-

t  w  e  n  t  y    o  n  e

Leon's pov

After I left Hamitch's level yesterday I ran down to the controls room to check if there really is only one person on shift at a time. Turns out he was actually correct.

There is a slight problem though. Relter has become quite suspicious of me for the past hour and I have no clue why. No information has leaked and I haven't once acted differently about the effects on Katniss and Rory in the games.

He stares at me, tapping his chin.

"I have something I need to ask you, Leon."

"What might that be?"

"Well, it's come to my suspicion that you were absent for your morning shift in here, and it so happens that one of our fellow colleagues spotted you on your way up to district 12's apartment level. Care to explain?"

Oh shit. I never had thought of that.

"Ah well you see... I ah... had been called by Hamitch, Katniss and Rory's mentor, to meet him at his apartment. He asked about sending gifts to his tributes because he was confused about that." Although I stuttered a bit I finally managed to come up with something.

"Alright I believe you, but you better not be lying." Relter walks away to assist someone.

That was WAY too close for comfort. It is strange that he let me off so easily though.

---

Relter Grey's pov

We're re-scheduling The Hunger Games and I don't care how much fuss and effort it takes. Something's going on and I don't like it. I would investigate more into it but I don't want to be stuck in a problem.

I have no pity towards the people stuck in the arena but I don't support torturing them for fun either. I only took up this job because it would hopefully get me on good terms with Erica. I don't want to be another person slaughtered for no apparent reason.

"Can I have everyone's attention for a brief moment," I yell out.

Everyone stops what they're doing and turns towards me.

"We're going to move the transportation to the second part of the games up a day. The tributes will be leaving the arena in precisely four hours and eleven minutes. No questions asked." I walk straight into my office and close the door, watching as people slowly react towards the news. Most are confused and a few are frowning.

They all start making calls and changing things immediately, since they don't really think much of it. It's not like it was a massive change.

---

Katniss' pov

It's day 9 and I'm sick of this. I hate being trapped in this place. Nothing happened yesterday. We spent the day cleaning our wounds and counting the trees and bushes.

The strange thing was quite a few people died yesterday. The boy that captured Rory and I, Vick, died- I'm assuming from an infected eye. The boy from district 11 and the boy from district 7 also died. They were probably killed.

Suddenly the wind picks up and starts howling. A vibration shakes everything, waking Rory up.

"What the hell is happening?!" He screams, covering his ears.

I don't answer him and climb up the tree. I see a massive aircraft slowly landing in a big field, not too far from where we are. A big label showing the Capitol's trademark is stuck on the side of the plane. Trouble.

I jump down from the tree and tell Rory what I saw. I really don't know what to do though, it's not like they're coming to attack us. The game makers would of told us by now.

Before I could register what was happening I was shot in the arm, making me dizzy and fall asleep.

-

The light in this room, or wherever I am, is blinding me. I can just make out a few shapes and forms of people.

In a few minutes my eyesight goes back to normal, but it's not a sight I wanted to see. Out the window of the ship is another field, and the room is filled with the remaining tributes.

It's the next stage.

A peacekeeper comes around and closes all of the windows so we can't see out. I do a quick head check of the tributes while we wait in silence.

3, 5, 10... wait only ten tributes left!? There's supposed to be 12!

"Hey Katniss do you know why there is only 10 people here?" Rory asks me.

"That's just what I was thinking," I whisper, making sure no one hears our conversation.

I thought for a second. "Wait... there was a night were we both fell asleep and we didn't see the people who died. Thats why."

"Oh that makes sense. Okay."

We return to a comfortable silence but the tension in the room was running high. Why were we even in this aircraft? We still had a day left in the other arena; not that I'm complaining.

"Flyer, district 1. Please come with me." a peacekeeper orders. Flyer grudges out of the room.

After a few minutes the peacekeeper comes back. "Hunter, district 2."

Wait they're being called out in district order... which means Shine must've died on the night we missed. That's strange, but good for us.

They continue to call out everyone's name until they get to Rory and I. I say goodbye to him and think while I'm left alone. Why the hell are we all being called out individually? It's the strangest thing ever, and I have no idea what's going on.

"Katniss, district 12."

The peacekeeper leads me into a room which contains back packs. The peacekeeper instructs me to put on the back pack which has a string attached to it.

"You're just about to go sky diving. Pull this string exactly 2 seconds after you have jumped off the plane. this strap should keep your back pack from flying off." He throws a thick strap/belt looking thing at me and I attach each side to the sides of my back pack. The strap is secured over my stomach.

He opens the door and I look down into a dry looking terrain, but looking around there are 5 different terrain areas. Dry, wet, forest, snow and swamp.

Before I could wrap all of this new information around my head the peacekeeper pushed me out of the plane.

"Ahhhh!" I scream but quickly remember that I need to pull the string. When I do, a parachute springs out of the bag, making the flying experience feel amazing. I slowly glide through the air, holding my arms out straight on the side like the wings of an aeroplane.

The thrill ride slowly changes into a death ride as I start to plunge to the ground really fast. I look up and notice that the parachute was folding up, so it isn't saving my bloody life.

I try to straighten it out with my hands before I hit the hard, dry land and manage to do so about 10 metres above the ground. I still land quite hard though.

I stand up and observe the area but I can't see much at all. Just a few Acadia trees and animals roaming around.

Oh shit. I'm in the savannah.

-

WHAT IF SHE GETS EATEN BY LIONS?!?!?! Haha jks that won't happen

Or will it? ;)

Jks jks just teasing you :P

kat xx