4

heey ~~

I hope u enjoy it :)

The picture on the side is Rory, I couldn't find anything else of him

-

f  o  u  r

Katniss' pov

Dried tears were still prominent on my pale face the next morning, making my skin feel dry and stiff. I'm trying my best to stay calm but my thoughts are clouded with doubt and worry.

The same words repeat over and over in my head; Gale, Finnick, Johanna, Erica. Erica's persistence to wreck my life completely astounds me. She must've really manipulated the Capitol citizens to think of pulling off another Hunger Games without having doubts of the Districts rebelling again. Unless her anger and drive to destroy my life made her forget. 

I slowly walk down the stairs to find my mum leaning against the counter with a cup of tea in her hands. Her eyes are bloodshot and her lips are shaped in a frown, slightly twitching upwards as I walk into the room.

"Good morning hun, how did you sleep?"

I yawn while placing a slice of bread on a plate, turning away so she couldn't see the dark circles under my eyes. "Absolutely terribly." 

"The reaping's taking place today."

They only announced it yesterday and they're already jumping straight into it?

"Maybe they didn't want the careers training and making it unfair for everyone else," she says.

"Probably, there's one thing that confuses me though." I ponder.

"What is it?"

"Why would they make another Hunger Games if we could just start another uprising? Don't you think everyone could rebel against the Capitol again considering no one wants to see any more innocent people die?" I ask.

"The Capitol, more specifically Erica, can't be that absent minded to not see the possibility of another uprising," she states.

"True." I quickly eat my breakfast and make my way to the forest. I made my mum agree to stay at Hazel's house for the day but there's she's stopped trying, stopped caring about everything but me. Prim's death has de sensitised her and there's no way of helping her out of this state.    

Bird's humming, trees' swaying in the wind and the beautiful lake by my dad's cottage is what makes up this magical part of the forest. Gale and I share this place together and it feels lonely without him.

It's agonising waiting for the reaping since I already know my fate. I'd rather be kidnapped and dropped off in the Capitol now than wait. As time passes the feeling of loneliness creeps up on me and I can't shake it off.

I start heading back and quickly stop by Prim's grave and place a single Primrose beside it.

"I love you Prim," I whisper and slowly walk back to my house.

For the reaping I slip on the dress I wore to Prim's first as a tribute to my little duck. My mum braids my hair, hands trembling, and when she finishes I hug her for a brief moment.

"You won't be picked again, will you Katniss?" My mother whispers, her bloodshot eyes locked on me.

"There's no guarantee but if the worst comes please stay over at Hazelle's house okay? Don't stay alone," I plead.