"Wait a second... If we just travelled East and we hit another sector, then we need to travel North or South to reach Gale, Finnick and Johanna." I look in both directions but it looks like a mirror.

"First I think we should find water and food Katniss. I don't know about you but I'm parched," Rory grumbles.

I huff. "Fine, but let's hope that we can find cleaner water. I'm not drinking from this polluted water." I point towards the swamp. "We'll probably die from some sort of virus or bacteria."

"If it's the only option left, will you drink it?" He asks.

"I don't know. Maybe."

We trek through the mud and successfully shoot down a red-winged blackbird and find edible shrubs. We eat the bird and store the shrubs in our pockets.

After what seems like a lifetime we still haven't found any clean-ish water. I made a makeshift bow out of thin twigs and other materials I'm not familiar with. Currently I'm sharpening a collection of sticks for arrows.

We take a rest so I can work faster and so Rory can sharpen a thick, longer stick as a spear. I'm also going to make a bow for him.

I silence Rory when I hear leaves crunching, the steps coming closer towards us. I raise my bow and wait until the person emerges.

I know it's a girl because she's singing, really high pitched.

I cringe and steady my bow. As soon as she emerges I shoot her straight in the chest, and she falls to the ground instantly.

Roy and I rush over to see who I just shot, and shockingly it was Annabelle. We straighten her up so she's lying down straight and I pluck the arrow from her chest.

"No water, leave here," she whispers, before her eyes roll back and skin pales.

"Come on, let's go." Rory pulls me away from Annabelle and we travel South. My mind is still in shock for what I just did.

Yes she was my enemy, but she didn't mean us any harm. She was as innocent as a butterfly.

---

Gale's pov

Johanna, Finnick, Enobaria, Beetee and I are trapped inside a metal cage. It's like the game makers are treating us like wild animals. Johanna, Finnick and I are sitting together and Enobaria is sitting by herself, glaring at us. Beetee's just gazing off into no where.

We were briefed on how the games will work for us. There's a timer that's counting down from 5 hours. Once the time is up, we're allowed out of the cage. If tributes get to us first, they can disable the timer and kill us all.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if anyone would get here first, it's Katniss and Rory. If they're alive. Hopefully.

"Well what do we have here."

I jump and re-focus on who's in front of me. A boy is smirking at me with a scared girl behind him.

"Who the fuck are you?"

The boys laughs. "I'm pretty sure you've heard of both of us. I'm Flyer and this is Eden. She's pretty special to me, and I didn't want her to get too attached to that idiot. I think you know who I'm talking about."

I clench my fists, trying to calm myself.

"You, you're the little bitch my brother liked a lot. Why are you trailing around with this idiot?" I snarl at Eden.

I didn't know that her and Rory completely split off, but I guess there wasn't any time for me to talk to him.

"Oh no you see, that was an innocent game we played to mess with Rory's head. Not that Eden had a choice. This little one might've been blackmailed." Flyer slaps Eden's cheek and she winces.

"I'm sorry Gale, I didn't mean to hurt your brother. I really had no choice," Eden whispers.

"Look as heartwarming as this we're here for a reason. I'm going to kill you all and I'll enjoy every second of it. Especially you, Gale." Flyer sniggers and presses a button on the timer.

Before he could strike Eden pulls out a knife and smiles at me. She plunges it straight into his back, and rotates the knife a full 360 degrees.

Bones crack, muscles tear and blood streams out of his back, as he collapses on the ground. Flyer's ear-piercing screams echo inside my head. Eden pulls the knife out and his back straitens out, only to leave his body motionless.

I glance back up at Eden. She's still in shock from what she just did. I don't think she expected to have to kill someone.

I feel sorry for her but at the same time, I'm scared. She now has an easy shot at us.

"Uh Gale, you wanna make a run for it?" Johanna whispers to me.

"Wait. I'm not going to hurt you. If I were to kill you I wouldn't of killed Flyer." Eden extends out her hand and I shake it, still hesitant.

"I'm so, so sorry Gale. Before I leave the world I'll tell you some important information. The rest of the careers are coming so hide, but use the weapons and resources from my bag." She slides her bag off her shoulders and onto the ground. She's still holding her knife in her hand.

My eyes widen in shock. "No, wait don-"

Before I can stop her she plunges the knife into herself. Eden's eyes bulge and I catch her before she collapses.

"Wait here for your mockingjay, Gale." She strokes my face before becoming limp in my arms.

"Sleep peacefully," I whisper, laying her down flat on the ground.

Enobaria runs off somewhere and Beetee stays sitting inside the cage.

Finnick, Johanna and I take a long, last look at Eden before raising three fingers up as a salute to her.

"To Eden, the brave girl who took her own life and spared ours," Finnick says sadly.

-

A couple of things probs happened that u weren't expecting :P I wonder how many chapters are left until the book is complete...

Love you all,

kat xx