Chapter 45 - OUT

M: OUT! He shouts to Bambam and Yugyeom, who are the only two people left inside

BB: Haha! I'm out!

YG: I'm two out! He adds jokingly but, quickly realising Mark is not in the joking mood, they rush to the patio, closing the door behind them, as they all know too well that "angry Mark" is a rare sight they do not want to witness.

JY: What's going on Mark? Why are you angry?

M: You... you're joking right? He asks in disbelief.

JY: No, he answers innocently.

M: Jinyoung, it's my birthday. Our friends arranged a party for me and they are very uncomfortable right now.

JY: I know, I'm super uncomfortable because of these two acting like...

M: Hahaha! "You" are uncomfortable? You're making every single person here uncomfortable! Even your girlfriend can tell something is off. You're so obsessed with your little vendetta against Jina and Jaebeom, that you don't even pay attention to your girlfriend's discomfort, Jackson who is desperately trying to distract you, Joohyun trying to distract her from your crazy behaviour! Jina, bless her, changes conversation every time you drop a dig at either her or Jaebeom. I don't know how she has not just walked out yet. Do I need to continue? What are you doing? He asks looking annoyed but concerned.

JY: I... I don't know, he says sitting down, his head in his hands.

M: You need to let go man. Jina is like a sister to me, and when I see the way you treat her, when she has been nothing but patient and understanding, it breaks my heart. Jaebeom is your brother. When was the last time you guys spent time together? Like... just the two of you?

JY: He doesn't call me either, you know!

M: He doesn't know how to be with you! He says fed up. You were so good to Jina when you asked her to meet you on set and when you told her she and Jaebeom could be together but since then, it's Russian roulette. Which Jinyoung are they gonna meet today... understanding, moving on Jinyoung? Or Vendetta Jinyoung? This needs to stop. Please, he pleads desperately.

JY: I can't let go, he says his face covered in pain.

M: She's not in love with you. They are happy. Let them be.

JY: It's gonna have to be without me.

M: Don't you dare threatening GOT7! Or I'm seriously gonna kick your ass.

JY: I'm bigger than you.

M: I have another five guys outside who will do what is necessary to keep that band together. Are you even still in love with her?

JY: What do you mean?! Of course I am!

M: Are you? Think seriously. Who do you think about when you go to sleep and when you wake up?

JY: That's not the point!

M: That means you don't think about her. Do you think about Dasom?

JY: Y... yeah, he admits.

M: Do you think maybe you're scared? He says sitting in front of him, a hand on his shoulder.

JY: Pffff! Scared of what?

M: I don't know... letting go! You're punishing Jina and Jaebeom, trying to convince yourself you still love her, so you don't risk to love someone else and get hurt again.

As he hears these words for the first time, the penny drops and his face is covered with the realisation that he's falling in love again, and he is terrified to get hurt, under the eye of his very wise friend.